Really KoNFuSeD

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok now Im stumped. My Rosie who has NEVER ever show any signs of threats at all kicked a massive hair storm. My wifes nephew came over and I was showing him my Ts and my 5 year old who was there also . They were talking kinda loud , I went to give my Rosie some fresh water and she freaked on me .. kicking hairs everywhere. is it the kids ? The loud noise? Is she turning evil on me?

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i had a similar thing happen also. my mom, brother, and moms friend were here for thanksgiving. my rosie was also very skittish. every time i walked into my room, she ran into her hide. she has always been very calm and never has been aggressive/defensive towards me. i think it was just because of all the extra commotion.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If I had to guess, I'd have to say it was the noise. T's can't really "hear" the way we do, they feel vibrations of the noise. The sudden onset of harsh vibrations from a loud voice might have startled her. If anyone breathed on her, that could have startled her as well. She should forget about the incident and be back to normal when you handle her in a normal setting again.

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
it was the kids more and likely but i dont blame her i dont much care for loud small childern lol, and maybe she was webbing and you scared her? or was she eating? if none of those it was the loud kids, i dont let small childern around my room because of the noise factor, they tend to get over excited when they see a huge spider in your hand or in a cage:D ;) . if you show off your T's to young kids i'd tell them to be a bit quieter ya no? so your spiders dont scare you again.
:}

Josh

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
a way to keep these brats out of the room is to tell them that you recently lost a large T and that it eats large mice and that it might mistake their foot for a mouse. youll get a high shreak of horror first but they wont return. but then youre feeding to the stereotype that Ts are evil

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Grammastolia rosea are known to be unperidictably physco, also it my be upcoming on a molt, other then that it ocould be the noise

bigTimeLoser89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by Malhavoc's
Grammastolia rosea are known to be unperidictably physco, also it my be upcoming on a molt, other then that it ocould be the noise
couldnt have been said any better they are really crazy i dont hold mine at risk of being bit i dont like to be bit, maybe it is a sign of leave me alone?