New T

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well today we picked up a 5.5"possible female T.Blondi. She/He is healthy and fat :) Its nice to know some pet shops know at least what they are doing :) Even though the petshop is around 90 mins away its worth it going back next week to pick up a 3" B.Smithi and maybe 1 or 2 more Ts and Scorps

P.S What est. size does a female or male T.Blondi mature??

Last edited:

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
what kind of scorps do they have? my local petstores only have flatrocks and emperors, but have a good choice of T's.

Josh

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by rosehaired1979
Well today we picked up a 5.5"possible female T.Blondi. She/He is healthy and fat
>>At 5.5" a blondi should be very easy to sex.There'd be no way I'd be walking out of the petstore with a male blondi at that size.Good luck and enjoy your new blondi...hopefully female blondi...peace..

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Jguy001
what kind of scorps do they have? my local petstores only have flatrocks and emperors, but have a good choice of T's.

Josh
They have a few spieces(besides Flat Rocks and Emps.) of Scorpions . If you want to check it out and also soon he is suppose to get a heavy shipment of Ts and other inverts as well. I have a link on the Petstore Review its Carolina Specialty pets they wll probably ship out of state to you will have to email them about that.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congrats on your new T :)

The male T. blondi usually mature at 9-10 inches and the smallest I've heard females producing sacs was at 8 inches.

And T. blondi are very easy to sex using the epiandrous fusillae method. Get your T. blondi to walk up on the sides of the tank so you can get a look at the underside. Male T. blondi have a very noticeable triangle shaped patch of setae right above the furrow. Which should be very visable at 5.5 inches.

Jim B.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by rosehaired1979
Well today we picked up a 5.5"possible female T.Blondi. She/He is healthy and fat :) Its nice to know some pet shops know at least what they are doing :) Even though the petshop is around 90 mins away its worth it going back next week to pick up a 3" B.Smithi and maybe 1 or 2 more Ts and Scorps

P.S What est. size does a female or male T.Blondi mature??
"5.5 inches", "unsexed" and "pet shop" all sound worryingly like "Sub-Adult male" to me. Of course, there's nothing wrong with that as long as the price is right, blondi males can be hard to get hold of.

And fat isn't healthy....... ;)