• Yes, once.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Yes, on several occations.

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters

Wh1teshark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I thought that I should post this question as a poll. The reason is that I want to get a general idea on how common bites are among T-owners.

I have never been bit myself (knock on wood), but it seems like quite a few have.

Please also state what specie, about how many T's you have (I would assume that the more T's a person got the higher probability to get bitten) and plese state if it was a dry-bite and if not what effects the bite had.

All the best,

/David

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
never been bitten by a T but i did get a swift bit from a pissy little pede my texas common pede got me on the tumb , he/she was about 2-3" inchs, my thumb itched really bad for like 15-20 mins then nothing after that. i dont keep pedes anymore tho after he/she died. lets hope i dont get bitten by a T not sure how the reaction would be.

Josh

bigTimeLoser89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i got bit by my brazilan black a few months back while cleanin her cage no big deal and for people who say " i didnt even feel the bite itself" lol how cant you feel 2 fangs going into you?? thats all i felt, and felt that for a few hours the bite area was bright red for awhile besides that i think it was a dry bite i have never had any trouble with stings bites before.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
never been bitten

But I have read the bite reports on these boards and there have been some whoppers! Have you checked them out?

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
No bites here either:)
I guess they love me too much and I have only 19 T's
at the moment......

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There are 29 tarantula bite reports on this website and at least 1430 members on this site.

I didn't count to see if any of the reports were done by the same people.

Even if each report was done by a serarate individual, that would mean that aproximately 2% of the arachnopets population has filled out a bite reports.

I think that with some common sense, you chances of NOT being bit are pretty good.

Jon

p.s. I am currently bite free. But I don't always display the most common sense, so we'll see how long the streak lasts :cool:. J/K Anyways, I have kept a lot of different species over the last few years.

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Bite free, and i've handled all but 2 of my 24 T's. Keeping since Jan. :D

Wh1teshark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the replys.
I have read all of the bite reports, but i figured that perhaps some people didn't report their bites.

/David

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I've never been bitten, but I've only been into T's for a year now. Of my 25 T's, I only handle 2 of them (very seldomly).

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I was giving a presentation and my Ts were out in the sun.... getting hotter and hotter and going nuts. I grabbed several of them to put their mouths in water and KNOWING I might incur a bite. The b. vagans got me twice on the middle finger, a little blood, but 10 minutes later no pain... NOTHING.

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have grabbed them, but this was an emergency and I didn't care about my personal safety, just that of the Ts. Of course, I didn't grab any OWs!

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When a tarantula bites onto you does it like *bite nad release* like a very fast sink in yank out kind of action or does it hang on for awhile and has anyone needed to pull the tarantula off them?

bigTimeLoser89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
when i got bit it was a quick,dry bite. id think if a T wanted to put venom in you it be longer than just a quick bite and run. one thing everyone must know DONT JERK IF YOU GET BIT! i knew this before hand so i didnt jerk and injury my T from the years of dealing with snakes ive learned if you jerk you can really hurt an animal. u might take a fang out if ya do jerk when being bit.

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
snakes are also heavier. with a T if u pull ur hand away im sure the T will go with ur hand and it will probbably be haning on and T fangs seem alot stronger than snake fnags
i think this is right :? :?
Correct me if im wrong
mike

Atalanta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've only handled a few Ts (Avic. avic, a. versicolor, g. rosea, and a. geniculata) and it was with the help of someone more experienced.

No bites from my t. blondi, and despite his surprisingly relaxed temperament, I have no plans to give him an opportunity or a reason.

bigTimeLoser89

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by Longbord1
snakes are also heavier. with a T if u pull ur hand away im sure the T will go with ur hand and it will probbably be haning on and T fangs seem alot stronger than snake fnags
i think this is right :? :?
Correct me if im wrong
mike
[/QUOTE
only snakes with fangs are ones with venom and i've never given a venomus snake a chance to bite me, a T's fangs are pretty tender towards were the fang and chelicera meet. almost everything on T a is easylie injuried.

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i think snake fangs are rather tough, T fangs would seem more sensetive right?

Josh

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Malhavoc's
When a tarantula bites onto you does it like *bite nad release* like a very fast sink in yank out kind of action or does it hang on for awhile and has anyone needed to pull the tarantula off them?
Mine were a hit and release kind of thing... like when they "slap" you!

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
never been bitten yet...........have had t's since the early 80's (off and on). I keep 80 to 100 total t's at any one time. I don't handle any of my t's.
Ed

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by MizM
Mine were a hit and release kind of thing... like when they "slap" you!
LAughs remembering mizmz lil hisser giving him a good SLAP! lmao

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
havent been bit by a t....yet. ive been bit by dogs, cats, snakes, hampsters, lizards of many types, rats, mice, and probably a few more that i cant remember. its not that im not cautious about handeling animals, its just that i have had so many that getting bit was just part of the deal. my boa only bit me once in 4 years. im not neccessarily looking forward to being bitten by a t, but im sure it will happen sooner or later.