Texas Anex ??

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
I searched the threads for this one. Anyone have any info, scientific name, temperment etc. There is one at my local Pet Store. Seems a bit defensive but it is an a small enclosure so that is to be expected. Nice looking almost black Tarantula. "struck" at the pet store owner but he is pretty calm about it. I might go buy it today....seems like I was able to consolidate some shelf space and opened up room for maybe 6 more Tarantulas so between now and February I will be on the prowl.

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its probably Aphonopelma Anax.Try looking at pics of that one.However could be A.Clarki or A.Chalcodes or any number of Aphonopelma Species in my opinion anyway....Rich

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Is it worth 15 bucks?? He always gives me like 20% off anything I buy so I would end up paying around 15 for it.

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i would. im planing on buying a sling or 2 of this speices.

Josh

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Oh yes, at that price I would buy two. (Just MY personal opinion, I think they are beautiful!):rolleyes:

O.K. it's Monday, I'm at work, I'm BORED!! So I went shopping:

Spiderpatch: 1/2" $12.00 2" $20.00 3.5" $25.00
e-spiderworld: 2.5" $30.00 3" Guaranteed female $45.00
Cronoss: 3/4" $5.00
Midwest: 2"-3" $25.00
Goldenphoenix: 3" $30.00

BUY... NOW!!!

Last edited:

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
well I went and got (her)? She is really pretty, had a molt about a week ago. THEN to top it off, the store owner went and got a POKIE....so guess what I am going to get this week. I have to prep an enclosure first. The Anax is already strutting around her new digs.

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i think you made the right choice and gettin a pokie also? nice.

Josh

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Applause, applause.... speech!! NO, PHOTOS!!!!!:D

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
No digi camera yet..:( Soon.

I am not sure of the Pokie specie, I have to look it up ,but rest assured it will be mine.

It is really pretty and about 4" right now. The dirty guy bought it knowing I would not be able to resist having it.:D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Unfortuntely, my pet store owner does that too! I go in to buy crix, and he says "Hey Terri! Look what I found on the delivery truck today!" Sheesh, he knows me too well!:(

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
I am going to say it is a P. regalis. That is what it resembles but when I get it home I will be better able to confirm this. I am pretty excited for two reasons. I have wanted a pokie so that is cool, and my pet store guy keeps taking my advice and getting more exotics in and is selling them so that is cool too!!

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A. anax is a really nice species you did good by buying it.

Andy

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Cool! My A, anax is a 2+ year old sling still, barely reaching ¾" if that. I got it as a sling from Swifty when it was under ½" though so it has grown a little. And yeah, if my local petstore would have one for $15 I would get it as well. Though it does seem a little naughty of them getting a Pokey in to temp you into spending more, but at least you know they are catering to your desires and working to keep you a happy customer :D

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I keep mine in a 5 gal tank and it seems quite docile actually. I can hold her no problem. Im not sure exactly if shes Anex or Hentzi, she was wild caught near San Antonio. Anyone know which one is native there?