Need Some Help.

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My geniculata sling's vial got knocked over. When I picked it up and put it back it seemed fine. I just checked on him and it isn't moving much. I can't find where it's bleeding but there was a small clear dot of liquid on the side of the vial. It's still really fat so I don't think he bled too much yet. Is there anything I can do to increase its chances of surviving?

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
A. How large is it?
B. Can you see where the hemolymph is leaking?

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is about 1/2", no I cannot find the leak. If he makes it through this I'm getting him a bigger container. The vial size he came in is way too unstable.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
For now, I would keep her in a container about the same size as she is, on a moist poaper towel in a warm, dark place where she will not be disturbed. This will restrict her movement, and in case there is an injury, she will be still and it will be able to heal! And she can recover from the stress, which is why she is not moving much anyway!

Don't knock yourself.... we all keep them in vials. They're great little containers for the new babies!

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you so much.:) I was going to get her on paper towel but wanted to see if there was anything else i could do. Good thing I have some empty vials her size. Don't get me wrong, I love vials for slings but the size she came in gets knocked over easily.