Got some new species, and some new questions!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Got a. hentzi, b. pallidum and b. cyaneifumur. Right now, jut rearing them as I do all slings, high heat, high humidity. Are there any "special needs" for these guys as they get older?

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have B.cyaneifemur presently.They're appr. 1.5".I've had them since they were less than 1/4".Give them a little extra soil as they love to dig/burrow.Now whether or not that carries on into adult I'm not sure but for now anyways give them the extra substrate.They're very fiesty for their size,easily taking down crickets their size and have good appetites.They grow quickly also and are hardy.I keep their substrate slightly moist and average temps...mid to high 70's.I also have B.rudloffi which are very much the same in their care needs.Bonnetina are a nice species.You'll enjoy them.The other two species..a few inches of substrate,a hide and a water dish is fine for adults.Keep them on the drier side of things.Treat them as you would brachy sp...Enjoy your new additions....peace..

Last edited:

brgn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No experience with any of the species, just wanted to say that B. pallidum is now Aphonopelma pallidum.

Robert

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Thanks! I noticed my little "Bonnie" is a burrower! What a cutie!!

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep, B. cyaneifemur is most definitely a burrower, I would guess the others could be kept like any other Aphonopelma/Brachypelma species without not too much difficulty.

Andy