Yes!!!!!!

Angelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
finally after many failed attempts, my rosehair finally accepts a piece of raw chicken. hes been workin away at it for about 3 hours now

Attachments

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Methinks I see a string! Did you tie a string to the piece of raw chicken and drag it around in hopes that the tarantula might think it was live food? *giggles at mental picture* =D

-Kelly

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Nice job Ang!! But I told you to use tweezers!!! I bet she is loving you right now!

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man Imma have to try to try that soon!! Save me some crickets.

Sam,

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Maybe this is the thing that will end my rosie's year long hunger strike!

Shox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
so is there a difference between chicken and beef and such in terms of nutrition or what not for ur T?

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
There are no known studies to say one way or the other. I tried some chicken awhile back just to see what would happen and they liked it. I think beef may have way to much fat in it plus the meat is much tougher than chicken breast. This probably is not somthing you would want to do on a regular basis but it is kind of fun to tweezer feed a big T and play a little tug of war. Code Monkey has made some very good points about the excessive proteins in the chicken and the possibility of a toxic build up of protein if they are fed too much too often. I think it was in a gut loading thread. Or at least somthing to that effect. Again probably not somthing to be done except on very spaced out occasions.

Shox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
here Dr. Bustard feeds his T blondi seemingly a meat diet i.e. chicken, beef heart etc.

http://www.arachnophiliac.com/burrow/bustard.htm

so i was just thinking that a beef heart, at my local grocery store costs 5 bucks, and is easy to prepare and such. it's huge as well...probably enough food for a yr or 2 if i can keep if frozen and in good condition for that long lol.

it would be easier than feeding X number of crickets to my T blondi...and i looked into getting hissing roaches but i can't find a place in CT that sells them... and i can't buy them online as i am forbidden to have more than 1 in the house at any time lol (ignorance).

i would throw in an anole or two once in a while...o yea and no one sells pinkie mice or rat pups in my area =*(

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
iom gonna try to feed a few T's some chicken, do they take it well?

Josh

Angelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my rosie is pretty psycho so he bit the chicken and held onto it. ive tried this before when he was docile and it didnt work. hes been workin on that chicken for 18 hours now. oh and thanks MrFeexit, next time ill use tweezers...why didnt i think of that???