Black T, any ideas?

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry about the mundane question, but I don't keep T's, so I'm kind of ignorant.

I was in a pet shop today and they had a medium sized black T (about 3.5-4 inches). I forget the name now--either Brazilian Black or Columbian Black or Thai Black--something like that. It was being sold for $29. Like I said, I don't keep Ts, but it's really cute, so I think I might have to get it. I'm pretty sure it's a Brazilian Black, because from what I remember the body structure reminded me more of a Rosea than a Cobalt blue.

At any rate, is that a good price for any of the possible jet-black T, or are there some that could be worth less?

Thanks,
Chris

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
doubt it is a brazillian black at that price maybe a thai black.

Josh

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If it's G. pulchra, that's a great price. There's also an Acanthoscurria species sometimes sold as "Brazillian black velvet". I forget which Acanthoscurria it is, anyone know the spider I'm talking about?

Wade

Last edited:

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Wade
There's also an Acanthoscurria species sometimes sold as "Brazillian black velvet". I forget which Acanthoscurria it is, anyone know the spider I'm talking about?

Wade
>>A.musculosa is sometimes referred to as Brazilian black velvet

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
is 30 bucks a good price for any of them at 4 inches, or is it about par?

Also, I would I know the difference between each if I went back in to look at it?

Thanks for all the help,

Chris

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Although A. musculosa is generally cheaper than G. pulchra, I think 30 bucks is still a decent price. Not rock bottom, but good, especially considering it's a pet store. I could be wrong, you might want to check some price lists first.

I don't own either species, but a friend of mine has A. musculosa and if memory serves, it has some long reddish setae on it's abdomen, while G. pulchra is all black.

General appearance and attitude should help distinguish either new worlder from the Asians. Also, if there's any hair flicking, that would eliminate the Asians. This is the "Itch Test" :D

Wade