Hi~ I have question^^*

hk4989

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi~
I'm Korean Tarantula keeper and I have some question about breeding...

I've got Cilean rose's egg sag...(I was so excited)
but about 15~20 days later, mother tarantula eat some part of the egg sag... and then that part become black and rot.
I don't know why T's mom eat egg sag... is there something special way for breeding? I need help T.T plz help me...:confused:

p.s my T's cage temperature was 86F(30C). And humidity was 65%~70%... I'll admire U guys reply... have a good day¡Ú

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Its probably nothing you did the G.Rosea are known for eating their egg sacs. It could have been infertile or she just didnt want the slings. Sorry to hear about the eaten egg sac though

hk4989

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanx for reply

Thank you for reply... and I'll very appreciate if U(or other people) tell me about the way of breeding... and I need more opinion..
Thanx and peace~

Last edited:

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi! Do you have any pictures of your T's?
You're a breeder in Korea? Are there alot of people there that like T's? I'm from Korea (my mother is Korean) and all of the Korean people I know really don't like any kind of spider,insects, snakes, or any exotic pets. I get lectures about how I'm wasting my time on this hobby so I just don't tell them anymore. I'm just curious if the hobby is getting more popular there.

hk4989

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh~ really? glad to meet you~^^*
actually, here in korea, most people dosen't like spider or snake, insects etc. But we made internet community for tarantula keeping... and also there are some of exotic pet stores.. I can't say getting more popular yet(Cuz T's are too expensive here) but people are gradually noticeing that T's(or snakes) can be pet^^;;;
Can U speak Korean:) ? I'm just curious about that;;;

p.s I'm not good at english grammer skill sorry T.T

Last edited:

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can only speak a little Korean, mostly just the bad words (my mother use to yell at me alot) LOL!
Actually, I know some but I never speak it. I haven't really been good at the language since I was very little. My mother really wanted me to speak english so she never really taught me.
I can make Kimchee though!:D And I can make Bulgogi, one of my favorite dishes! I just love Korean food. There is a town close to mine that has 3 Korean restaurants (all of my mothers friends own them) and I go there all the time when I don't work.

What other kind of T's do you have? I have a Mexican Red Knee, a Rose Hair, a Cobalt blue and I just got a Brazilian Black and a Chaco Golden yesterday.

hk4989

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow~

Great~! even I don't know exactly how to make Kimchi or Bulgogi(-////-) but I really like Bulgogi and Kimchi ^^; U know Korean has some taboo that man should not to do women's work(but it is changing slowly in here...)
And I speak bad Korean & English words very often...like F*** and S*** etc. but I'm trying not to speak that kind of words T.T
I'll post my T's picture for U~¡Ú
p.s 1. In Korea we are too hard to get tarantulas so I have only 6 Ts.
p.s 2. This T is Red tree spider(Tapinauchenius gigas)

Attachments

Last edited:

hk4989

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Greenbottle blue(Chromatoprlma cyaneopubescens)
Nowadays I like this T most. I named this T as "GGomi(it means spider)". I chaged this picture's size... so this picture looks strangeT.T anyway I learned new word here.... peace Diane~¡Ú(I didn't know 'peace' is same as 'Bye now'...)

Attachments

Last edited:

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice photos! I see you have a versicolor too, I have one but it's still at the pet store until it molts. I had a little one (1/2") a few weeks ago but it died while trying to molt. I don't know what happened, I put in a new moist paper towel before I went to work and when I came home it was upside down. I thought it was in the process so I didn't disturb it, but the next morning I knew it was gone. I was so sad because I had waited so long to get one.

It is too bad that you can't get more T's. Is the shipping very expensive to korea? Or are there any breeders in korea? I suspect there are not many people who would be interested in breeding spiders as hobby.
I don't have any names for mine yet but you can see them here on my webpages, My Tarantulas

hk4989

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks~^^
I saw your Ts pic. too~! Big-red looks so bigger and prettier than my rose~! And your homepage has a lot of contents. They are good information to me. And I'm sorry for late reply... Becuse.. I'm student(at university) and I'm prepareing for final exam.. And most problem is,, I'm not good at english T.T /

I'm sorry to hear that your versicolor is gone. I heard versicolor is notorious for that reason('unknown death'). And next time if you see your T is having problem with molting, U may better spray a water on them when they are molting(U know, do not spray direct to them). I heard this method from Korean T breeder.

The reason that I cannot get a T easily is,,, every T trade site I know are doesn't want to shipping other country(Like swiftinverts.com etc.). Secondly, shipping fee is too high to buy a few Ts. So, I decided to purchase-jointly with other members after I find out 'out-side shipping site'.

Wow~ I haven't write this long sentences... it is good for my english skills,, thaks alot~ and peace~¡Ú

p.s I think it is hard to read my poor sentences... sorry T-T;;