Mantis breeding project questions

Love to Foxtrot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My boyfriend and I are currently trying to start a mantis breeding project and I have a few questions for those with experience on the subject. I have researched all of the information that I have found on the internet and I have spoken with the breeder whom I purchased the mantids from. The species that I am working with are; Phyllocrania paradoxa, Parasphendale affinis, Otomantis sp., Deroplatys lobata, and Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii. I feel that I have a pretty good grasp on the requirements for each species, but I would appreciate any special tips from any of you who has worked with these species. What types of containers are best to keep them in? Most of mine are in tall deli cups with mesh lids, and some are in deli cups with normal lids and some ventillation holes. They are on moist ground peat moss. They are all eating well and some have moulted. The temperature is between 76-80 degrees during the day, and only slightly cooler at night. I would love to hear some opinions on what I could do better, or what I am doing correctly!

Aubrey

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a lot of experience with P. affinis, I personally do not keep them in a continually moist environment, I have raised them from hatchling to adult in deli containers with mesh tops, with no substrate at the bottom. I only lightly mist them once or twice a week. They are extremely hardy. I am being overrun by P. affinis!

I just got some P. paradoxa, so I don't have a whole lot of experience with those yet. According to many care sheets they do not actively hunt down their prey, well the 5 that I have very eagerly chase down prey, so go figure?

As for the other species, I have no experience with, but it sounds like you are doing the right thing.

Also the key to successful pairing is patience on your behalf.

Good luck!