Androctonus Mauretanicus Molt

brachybaum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So finally one of my 3 A. Mauretanicus scorplings molted. He was 1st instar for almost 4 months:wall:. Now I know why it's slow growing species. I believe one more will molt this week and the other one just ate today. Here are some pics:

Here's the one eating a nice cricket:

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Best tarantula thread ever! Seriously though that is one specimen I wish everyone would let me have!

brachybaum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Best tarantula thread ever! Seriously though that is one specimen I wish everyone would let me have!
I tell you what, I gotta be careful with these guys when they get to adult size. The one I really want is the Crassicauda, that one is Epic! Also because when I was a couple years old I was tagged by one of those in the middle east, almost perished from it.

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congratz!!! Just make sure you mist them at least once a week. Sadly I lost 2 of mine.....Now I'm down to 4 Androctonus Mauritanicus. All of them are in their 4th instars!!! :D

brachybaum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congratz!!! Just make sure you mist them at least once a week. Sadly I lost 2 of mine.....Now I'm down to 4 Androctonus Mauritanicus. All of them are in their 4th instars!!! :D
I mist one side of the small enclosure every saturday, funny thing is after 10-20 min all three go to the wet side, I don't see them drinking, they just chill there:?

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Androctonus mauritanicus (Pocock, 1902)
:D
nice black scorp!

ParabuthusKing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most scorpions actually absorb water through their exoskeleton and this is why will sit on an area with higher moisture. If it is hot and they are an arid scorpion such as a member of the Androctonus genus it is also a good idea to give them a small bottlecap for a water bowl and fill at least once a month so they can fully hydrate themsleves.. One of my favorite species of scorpions too.. If you are ever successful at breeding this species let me know and I will buy a couple offspring :p

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah i knew that:)
but mauritanicus is correct one as far as i know. :)
Thanks!