What is the life span of a roach?

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
It depends on what species it is and what sex it is.

Here are lifespans of six popular species as according to "Allpet Roaches" written by Orin McConigle and Richie "Roachman" Willis and published by Elytra and Antenna :

Blaberus discoidalis (Discoid or False Death's Head Roach) - nymphs can reach adulthood in as little as 4 months and the adults last another 6-10 months

Blaberus craniifer (Death's Head Roach) - males usually die 2-3 months after reaching adulthood and females can live 8+ months as adults.

Blaptica dubia (Orange-spotted Roach) - males live less than a year while females may make it to 2

Eublaberus prosticus (Orange-head Roach) - no lifespan info provided, but these notorious wing-biters will often kill each other eventually :}

Gromphadorhina portentosa (Madagascan Hissing Roach) - Adults live 2-5 years and nymphs can take 6-18 months to reach adulthood making them amongst the longest lived roaches (to 6 1/2 years)

Nauphoeta cinerea (Lobster Roach) - very short in my facility since I kill them on sight! (used to raise and now despise these climbing super breeders). Nymphs make it to adulthood in a few months and adults may live as long as one year

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
their life span is whatever i say it is. it depends on my Ts' appetites ;P

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Originally posted by chuck
their life span is whatever i say it is. it depends on my Ts' appetites ;P

That was the same thing I was thinking!! :D