PDA

View Full Version : My A. versicolor is on her back, is she dead???

Motorkar
10-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Just kidding.{D Actually, I misted today in the morning, she was normaly in her web. I knew she is preparing for her molt and a bit earlier I saw her on her back! I hope she will do fine, this is her last molt I think, after this will be a big adult girl from now on!:drool:

YellowBrickRoad
10-24-2010, 03:09 PM
I think she's dead. lol JK

P. Novak
10-24-2010, 03:11 PM
There is no "last" molt for female Ts, she will molt throughout her entire life. Congrats though, I can't wait for my female versi to molt!

YellowBrickRoad
10-24-2010, 03:14 PM
There is no "last" molt for female Ts, she will molt throughout her entire life. Congrats though, I can't wait for my female versi to molt!

forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm sure he's saying His girl is finally an adult.

P. Novak
10-24-2010, 03:16 PM

That is what I thought as well, but his wording is wrong. :wall: I thought I would point it out anyway though because he may be coming from the scorpion side of the hobby, and those do have a final molt or instar.

Motorkar
10-24-2010, 03:20 PM

Yep, thats what I meant. :) I am very excided, I will have now two adult females(this one and B. smithi).

And also my P. cambridgei juvenile female baricaded herself into a hole with web, I belive she is preparing for molt and my newcomer A. geniculata doesen't eat as well and doesen't move much around her enclosure, I think s/he will molt as well.

That is what I thought as well, but his wording is wrong. :wall: I thought I would point it out anyway though because he may be coming from the scorpion side of the hobby, and those do have a final molt or instar.

Sorry for my expresion, with all my knowlage of english and even that I speak it very fluently, I make some mistakes. I speak it better than my mother languge though. :D No, I didn't come from the scorpion side of the hobby. :D Though I am still a bit new to the bird spider hobby, one year and a half to be more precise and I own only four of them by now. :)

GPulchra
10-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Congrats! Post pics :)

Motorkar
10-24-2010, 04:25 PM
They will come soon, when she comes out of her web though lol! I took her molt out, she molted sucessfuly and her molt measures 11 cm (4.3 inches) LS! I belive she is now around 14 cm(5.5 inches) LS.

Motorkar
10-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Her molt:
http://www.shrani.si/f/3O/1C/1qLAdG9q/mg9151.jpg