View Full Version : Are my Brachypelma's unhappy?
10-25-2010, 08:11 PM
I have 3 Brachypelma's (albopilosum, auratum, boehmei) and I'm wondering if they don't like the substrate? They spend pretty much all their time hanging on the side of their containers and rarely come down. They are all in a coconut choir sphagnum moss mix at the moment. What do you recommend I try?
Actually I have 4 Brachy's (emilia), but it is a very happy burrower.
10-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Is the sub damp?
10-25-2010, 08:21 PM
1) how long have they been in the enclosures?
2) Is the substrate damp? like even moist at all?
3) how old are they?
1) if they are new to the enclosures give em some time they will adapt
2) if so brachys hate moisture, when it drys out they will adapt
3) kids these days... so rebellious at young ages..
10-25-2010, 09:30 PM
The substrate is damp when first placed then I let it dry out. the Brachy's range from 1", 3", and 5" all were in their homes for several months. even when completely dried out they still cling to the sides.
10-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Make sure soil is DRY, thats how I keep my brachys. Any new wet or damp strate has them heading for the sides.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.5 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.