Smelly Noisy Crickets

Iowa T Keeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was cautioned about having a cricket colony because they are noisy and smelly and ........

Roomates nixed getting roaches however so I thought I would try crickets. It is fairly cool in our house so they are not really loud, but an interesting thing is their chirping picks up the pace every time the heater kicks on. It's pretty funny because its almost like a dial is being turned up. Anyway I dont know if it will work to grow my own because I dont give them the heat to grow quickly, but they keep just fine for me. They are in my bedroom and I have no prob sleeping. Also got some meal worms, she eats them, but they aren't as fun to watch her catch as crickets. They just dont move enough

Cockroach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had a colony of Crickets once... they were stinky, noisy, highly caniballistic, would die if you looked at them funny, and were expensive as hell. I'm glad you are having luck with crickets, someone has to:) . Why don't your roommates allow you to keep roaches? IMO they are easier to keep and contain then crickets, plus they make little noise or smell. I guess it's the reputation that gets most people:rolleyes::D .
Anyways, good luck with your crickets:) . BTW, where in Iowa are you located? Sounds like you are near the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area if you go to PetCo.

laters,
Bill:D

Iowa T Keeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah I am currently in Cedar Falls. I am in my last semester of college though so who knows where I will be come May. I wouldn't mind staying around here tho.

Cockroach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cool. Cedar Falls/Waterloo is a nice area to be in. I'm glad that atleast one person in this message board is within driving distance of me:) . I live near Charles City, and I regularly make it down to your area.
BTW, have you ever been to Emporium Pets?

laters,
Bill:D