cricket problems

Iowa T Keeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
all my talk of having no problems with crickets was for naught. My crickets have started dying now and the females ovipositors are not long yet. They are about maybe a quarter inch at most and they are starting to die. I guess from old age cuz they dont live long after adulthood. I am almost certain this is because they were kept at too low temps. My room is about 65 degrees and thats where I have to keep all my bugs and spiders. Now I heat my spiders to 80 degrees or whatever but crickets I dont really care about. I suddenly realized I was down to only three adult crix and two smaller ones left tonight.

So I fed the two little ones to my new baby curly hair and fed the other three to my red knee.

To summarize. Crix breeding a no go. But big feeding=big fun! --- sorry for the length

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think they do fine at room temperature, but the higher temperature makes them eat more and grow faster. I've been able the keep fully mature crickets for up 2 weeks or much longer sometimes. Do you have moisture, or a water dish for them. You can give the apple slices for a source of moisture, or orange slices. I prefer the apple because it's less acidic.

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Breeding crickets is a huge waste of time, just buy a box of 1000 and feed them off.:p Baby crickets are a pain in the @ss, they are way too tiny. Just little black flecks.