PDA

View Full Version : Waterbowl Thiefs

Mez
04-04-2011, 09:50 AM
What do you guys do with waterbowl chiefs? I like webby and burrowing Ts, and unfortunately some of them like to claim the dishes/lids, whatever I use, and incorporate them into their web and/or burrows. I know not all offer standing water, but I always have, and just wondered what you guys did. My C. darlingii has, so far, stolen a small heavyish waterbowl and two milk lids. I'm resorting to watering a corner of the enclosure at the minute..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/TrappedMetal/IMAG0345.jpg

jbm150
04-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Hehe yeah, they do that. If possible, I put a new dish in and keep it farther away from the webbing. If thats not possible, I just put it on the webbing. If they continually cover it, I just water the webbing (and sub if need be) and let them drink off that.

Rue
04-04-2011, 12:34 PM
LOL...it never occured to me that I might be washing the webbing off of pet bowls...{D

I suppose I'd locate it in the corner furthest away...maybe try a larger ceramic dish with pebbles in it?

mcluskyisms
04-04-2011, 12:41 PM
As mentioned, just put them into the corner in future, although even then that doesn't mean the tarantula wont make its home near it and web it up. Haha

If I want to fill up a water bowl that has been incorporated into the webbing and its still actually level. Just simply make a hole in the webbing with your tongs and fill the bowl back up with a turkey baster or big syringe or whatever.

kaydyn1512
04-04-2011, 12:50 PM
In some of enclosures I actually hot glue in a deli cup so it can't be moved then insert another so you can easily get a clean bowl in there when you need to. I have a large number of my terrestrial that like to just play with them. But they never get the glued with the inserted one out.

arachnophile223
04-04-2011, 01:32 PM
try putting another dish in the corner where the wet spot is. if it keeps webbing that, then like they said, water the webs

jonnyquong
04-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I've had a couple of stubborn burrowers continually steal, hide, or bury their dishes. :wall: I gave up. Keeping a corner moist and then misting all over every so often is how we play now.