Waterbowl Thiefs

Mez

Arachnoknight
What do you guys do with waterbowl chiefs? I like webby and burrowing Ts, and unfortunately some of them like to claim the dishes/lids, whatever I use, and incorporate them into their web and/or burrows. I know not all offer standing water, but I always have, and just wondered what you guys did. My C. darlingii has, so far, stolen a small heavyish waterbowl and two milk lids. I'm resorting to watering a corner of the enclosure at the minute..

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hehe yeah, they do that. If possible, I put a new dish in and keep it farther away from the webbing. If thats not possible, I just put it on the webbing. If they continually cover it, I just water the webbing (and sub if need be) and let them drink off that.

Rue

Arachnoknight
LOL...it never occured to me that I might be washing the webbing off of pet bowls...{D

I suppose I'd locate it in the corner furthest away...maybe try a larger ceramic dish with pebbles in it?

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
As mentioned, just put them into the corner in future, although even then that doesn't mean the tarantula wont make its home near it and web it up. Haha

If I want to fill up a water bowl that has been incorporated into the webbing and its still actually level. Just simply make a hole in the webbing with your tongs and fill the bowl back up with a turkey baster or big syringe or whatever.

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In some of enclosures I actually hot glue in a deli cup so it can't be moved then insert another so you can easily get a clean bowl in there when you need to. I have a large number of my terrestrial that like to just play with them. But they never get the glued with the inserted one out.

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
try putting another dish in the corner where the wet spot is. if it keeps webbing that, then like they said, water the webs

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've had a couple of stubborn burrowers continually steal, hide, or bury their dishes. :wall: I gave up. Keeping a corner moist and then misting all over every so often is how we play now.