They're here!

Rue

Arachnoknight
I can finally say...I have tarantulas. :clap: It's been a month since I ordered them...but held off shipping until I was sure it would be warm enough overnight.

So I now have:

L. violaceopes
G. pulchra
P. irminia and - as a bonus (Thank You T. Canada!)
B. albopilosum

I wasn't sure how big they would be in real life, so I put them in temporary housing until I figure out what will work best. I didn't want someone escaping through a ventilation hole.

And you guys were right...wow! Are they ever FAST. Despite the care I took, both the L. violaceopes and the P. irminia managed to make a run for it...

I will leave them for a day or so to settle...then try feeding them...and then rehouse as necessary...

A couple of photos...with my point and shoot (and yes, I know the photos suck).

Attachments

Lolita

Arachnoknight
congrats p irminias are on my wishlist bad depending on the size of your slings those rubbermaids should work for a decent amount of time

Rue

Arachnoknight
Thanks! The P. irminia is so pretty...even at this miniscule size!

I won't have any trouble telling them apart...they are each quite distinctive.

Last edited:

sssargent1977

Arachnopeon
Awesome! I just got my T's too one being the Sun tiger as well and they are very impressive!

Rue

Arachnoknight
Thanks! I'm looking forward to watching them all grow...er, and get easier to see...:D

lord lionheart

Arachnopeon
Me too!! I just got mine 30 minutes ago, they're tiny LOL. Arrived in similar vials to yours and are in similar set ups. I got 2 T's, a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens and a Brachypelma boehmei. The chroma is way faster and moes, but he is .75 " compred to the .5" boehmi

RJ2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like those little rubbermaids!

lord lionheart

Arachnopeon
Congrats on your shipment! Did you post pics?
No. There's not much to see. I did take one of the a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens , but it's through the plastic containers and not that great. I may throw it up in the gallery just for starters

Rue

Arachnoknight
I like those little rubbermaids!
Thanks! They're quite sturdy. I poked 9 little holes in the top lid...hopefully that will do for the short-term.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

No. There's not much to see. I did take one of the a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens , but it's through the plastic containers and not that great. I may throw it up in the gallery just for starters
Post them anyway...even if they're not the best, it's nice to see what everyone else is doing.

I'll leave the superb photography to the superb photographers on this board (they all know who they are...lol).

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats :) Nice package you got, eventually i'll get around to getting a L. violaceopes :D

Just a tip to help with the speed (because I can't remember what you already have), get the P. irminia & the L. violaceopes containers that are about 2x as tall, at least. Filled them about half way with substrate & poke a fake plant stem/leaf down there (silk flower, aquarium plant, etc.) Both your speedy demons will burrow down & most likely will retreat when disturbed, which should cut down on the mad dashes ;)

Rue

Arachnoknight
Congrats :) Nice package you got, eventually i'll get around to getting a L. violaceopes :D

Just a tip to help with the speed (because I can't remember what you already have), get the P. irminia & the L. violaceopes containers that are about 2x as tall, at least. Filled them about half way with substrate & poke a fake plant stem/leaf down there (silk flower, aquarium plant, etc.) Both your speedy demons will burrow down & most likely will retreat when disturbed, which should cut down on the mad dashes ;)
Thanks! I will do that. Make opening the cage for feedings a little less dramatic! {D

web eviction

Arachnolord
My L. Violaceopes was about that size when I got him back in October now he is around 3.5 inches very fast mine is very blue now but pretty sure its a boy

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Actually, the photos were fine. Are you going to keep a photo diary of their growth? That's probably my favorite part of the hobby.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Congrats on the new Ts, finally!

Rue

Arachnoknight
My L. Violaceopes was about that size when I got him back in October now he is around 3.5 inches very fast mine is very blue now but pretty sure its a boy
This is the T I wanted the most. So I hope mine's a girl...but if not, it's okay too. If I find I can't live without a female, I can always try again...:D

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Actually, the photos were fine. Are you going to keep a photo diary of their growth? That's probably my favorite part of the hobby.
Thanks and good idea! I should try and take a picture after each moult...I did that with my kids for a while (well, monthly photos during their first year, not after they moulted).

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Congrats on the new Ts, finally!
Thank you!

I was so excited to see that that tiny B. albopilosum spent the night digging itself a tiny burrow. The others all look fine too. The P. irminia actually 'ran' at me when I lifted the little Rubbermaid to check it out. Wonder how that bodes for the future? :D

...and the G. pulchra doesn't look like it moved at all...

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Aww, they're so tiny! Congrats. :) Definitely post pics as they grow.
Thanks! I'll do my best. I'll see if I can borrow/find a slightly better camera.

Satu

Arachnopeon
Ooh, tarantulas at last! Congrats, and enjoy your little beasties!

Rue

Arachnoknight
Thanks. It was the longest wait to get them! Now I just want to rush home and watch them not move. LOL...

I wonder how long before the novelty wears off?{D