Awww...little C. sculpturatus babies!

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I caught one in my yard last week and what do you know. I fed her two days ago and when I looked at her I thought, boy are you fat! Now I know why!

Attachments

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ive got six gravid ones right now, 4 ready to pop :p its gonna be funnnn. good thing i just bought 100 delis!

any count on that brood?

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think I counted 14. Wow, you are going to have a LOT of little ones running around!

I'm not sure what to do with this one though - I just put her in that mason jar temporarily but now I don't think I should move her with the babies. What do you think? Is she fine where she is for now?

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think I counted 14. Wow, you are going to have a LOT of little ones running around!

I'm not sure what to do with this one though - I just put her in that mason jar temporarily but now I don't think I should move her with the babies. What do you think? Is she fine where she is for now?
probably, i'd leave her alone just so she doesnt munch the babies.

when the babies reach 2i, after a few days, and this is just me, gently move her to a container with sand or coco and a very shallow waterdish with some food. ive found bark scorps are really good with their young. havent had any eat babies even when disturbed daily. (like i did early on in the hobby in excitement)

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is always a nice find. I was lucky to find a C.hentzi with babies recently.

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
babies

would you be willing to sell the babies when they get older

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for getting back with me. I will wait a couple of days after 2i and then transfer her like you said. I've never had babies before so I don't know when they would be safe to mail to someone, but sure someone can have them if they want them. I was just going to release them back into the desert on one of my hikes when they got a little bigger.

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
babies

well if you decide to sell them or give them away, whatever, tell me

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well if you decide to sell them or give them away, whatever, tell me
hit up purpleorange8 here, he sells WC ones for dirt cheap, thats where i got mine! I plan to do more business with him because i want a hive like he has. :drool:

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that link didnt take me to him but I still found, and messaged him, thx

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
These guys are pretty cool. Last night one of my girls had a brood. One little guy was not healthy. The female was trying real hard to get it to climb on her back but it just wouldn't/couldn't do it. It was neat to watch. She would pick it up and vibrate her claws quickly, trying to push it up or somthing. Most likely the claw vribrating was trying to stimulate it. She kept at it for 20-30 minutes. Eventually she gave up and ate it.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These guys are pretty cool. Last night one of my girls had a brood. One little guy was not healthy. The female was trying real hard to get it to climb on her back but it just wouldn't/couldn't do it. It was neat to watch. She would pick it up and vibrate her claws quickly, trying to push it up or somthing. Most likely the claw vribrating was trying to stimulate it. She kept at it for 20-30 minutes. Eventually she gave up and ate it.
hahaha.

i love how great mothers they are. but in the end, its like, well, **** it.

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's too funny... hope to see that when mine pop!! I have too fat gravid females, kind of hope to see them deliver!!
has anyone watched them deliver???

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's too funny... hope to see that when mine pop!! I have too fat gravid females, kind of hope to see them deliver!!
has anyone watched them deliver???
I saw some of the female mentioned brood being born. She decides to do it in the water dish. It was empty, I water about once a week. (For some reason they really like that dish, I always see one sitting in it) THey just crawled out from undernieth her and crawled on her back. It would be nice to spend a lot of time watching the whole thing but I didn't really have the time.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I saw some of the female mentioned brood being born. She decides to do it in the water dish. It was empty, I water about once a week. (For some reason they really like that dish, I always see one sitting in it) THey just crawled out from undernieth her and crawled on her back. It would be nice to spend a lot of time watching the whole thing but I didn't really have the time.
i find these guys LOVE water. as in, when i put a little in their dish, enough for it to be a 1/2 a CM or less shallow, theyre all at it drinking.

Attachments

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
gromgrom, that picture is award winning! That's awesome - it's like they posed for it! You should send it to Arizona Highways.