Ephepobus Cyanognathus - care and setup?

Trinity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
For those that have Ephepobus Cyanognathus, what conditions are you keeping it in? I've not been able to find any specific information on them so I wanted to ask those that have them.

If I dont find anything, I plan to set it up like other Ephebopus species and go with that.

Thanks!

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Trinity,

I only had a limited amount of experience with my blue fang sling before it died post molt so you probably want to take this with a grain of salt...but I had read that the slings can be somewhat aborel in their nature so I gave my sling a choice (substrate and hanging corkbark) and it chose to create its own web hammock at the very top of the enclosure. I kept it very similiar to my A versicolors with moist substrate and high ventilation.

hth,
Jeff

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Trinity
For those that have Ephepobus Cyanognathus, what conditions are you keeping it in? I've not been able to find any specific information on them so I wanted to ask those that have them.

If I dont find anything, I plan to set it up like other Ephebopus species and go with that.

Thanks!
>>Here's how I keep mine and they're doing great.One just molted matter of fact..
>>Click here<<

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by jcohen9999
Trinity,

I only had a limited amount of experience with my blue fang sling before it died post molt so you probably want to take this with a grain of salt...but I had read that the slings can be somewhat aborel in their nature so I gave my sling a choice (substrate and hanging corkbark) and it chose to create its own web hammock at the very top of the enclosure. I kept it very similiar to my A versicolors with moist substrate and high ventilation.

hth,
Jeff
They are a burrower not an arboreal. From my experience(I have 6 of these) they burrow and always build a turret. I would not keep the substrate constantly moist, it probably the reason Jeff's sling died and the reason it would not burrow.

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
I guess that explains that and it is very possible it was too moist....except I didn't actually keep it constantly moist and this sling never seemed to have any interesting in going in a downward direction (even when it escaped :eek: ).

Ever since my initial mite infestation I am in the habit of allowing all substrate to dry out fully before moistening half of it again (include my versicolors) and I focus on keeping the relative humidity in the T cabinet high. Even then I guess this could have been too much.

I guess I will need to get another one and keep it more on the drier side this time.

Thanks,
Jeff

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Spiderlings will often build arboreal web (they are Aviculariinea remember) but adults live in burrows around 4 foot in depth apparently.
I doubt if excess humidity caused death unless it was swamp conditions - these spiders originate from French Guiana, where wet-forest humidity is often 100%.