My Asclepiads and some other weird stuff

atropos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here are a few {D pictures of my plant collection. Mainly Stapelia, Huernia and Ceropegia.

First some pictures of plants which are blooming at the moment, a lot more to come :drool:

Huernia booleana with seedpods

Stapelia hirsuta with seedpods

Huernia pendurata

Ceropegia stapeliiformis, very nice colour variaty

Ceropegia sp. don't know what it is, it's growing in the same pot as the plant above, could be a hybrid. But still very nice

Ceropegia stapeliiformis ssp. "Serpentina"

Encyclia orchid I bought today

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

And now some pictures of last year.

Stapelia gettleffii

Ceropegia sandersonii hybrid

Huernia macrocarpa yellow and red

Huernia quinta RSA locality

Huernia procumbens

Huernia longituba

Echidnopsis repens

Quaqua mammillaris

Frerea indica

Ceropegia hybrid

Larryleachia picta last year

This year

Stapelianthus decaryi

Huernia booleana

Duvalia sp.

Stapelia hirsuta

5 minutes later

Orbea hadimelicolea

Stapelia gigantea

Stapelia grandiflora

Stultitia decariy

Ceropegia dichotoma

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
awesome plants.

some of those flowers are amazing

thanks for sharing

moose

atropos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And hopefully many many more species blooming this year. Have around 50-60 species.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Wow ! I am as impressed with your plants as I am with most peoples T collections ( that's meant to be a compliment)
I really like the Stapelia grandiflora.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Very cool. I've always wanted a blooming Stapelia, but never had any luck with them.

atropos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sunlight is most important and for many species a cool period in winter. But many of the bigger Stapelia species are quite easy in the windowsill.

Stapelia gigantea is really easy, big and a bit smelly :evil: Do you have a window towards the south? Without central heating would be perfect. Over here in the Netherlands, S. gigantea is doing great, so in most parts of the US it should do perfect. But there are many more species which do great in your windowsill. Send me a PM and I can see what species you could keep.

It's so great to open your greenhouse and see a swarm of flies and the smell of a dead animal which baked in the sun for 3 weeks in a puddle of water {D

Also have some Aroids (Amorphophallus konjac), flower about 1,5 meters high and smells like a dead horse. My bulbs are still small, so will take about 2 years untill I will have a flower.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
:eek: That was great! You have my dreamgeenhouse. I have the same Duvalia sp. btw, are you not sure what it is? It blooms but I've never been able to get seeds from it, do you know a trick there?

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sweet collection! I currently only have Huernia zebrina and Huernia schneideriana. So many plants, so little space.