PDA

View Full Version : Beaded Lizard

Tofuman
07-27-2011, 03:03 AM
I went to the Herp World Expo in San Jose last weekend and picked up a baby. He's kind of pissy right now, but I'm gonna carefully work with him and hopefully he'll mellow out.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1771/dscf1213br.jpg

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6448/dscf1214m.jpg

NevularScorpion
07-27-2011, 05:08 AM
his beautifful :)

Dr Pepper 8D
07-27-2011, 05:11 AM
Are these guys called Tegu's?

OphidianDelight
07-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Are these guys called Tegu's?

Nope. Beaded's and gila monsters are Heloderma lizards. Tegu's are Tupinambis.

OP--That is awesome. I'm currently wearing my wife down on obtaining one. I know someone local to me selling one that is fairly docile and allows handling. Personally, I don't plan on handling, but I'm sure yours will mellow out once it acclimates and gets larger.

Bazzgazm
07-27-2011, 03:52 PM
^ if it's the one in chester, it's pretty mellow..... i saw that one when it came into the shop as a baby...

Either way there's not a whole lot to worry about unless you plan on letting the litte guy chew on you for a while...

OphidianDelight
07-27-2011, 05:27 PM
^ if it's the one in chester, it's pretty mellow..... i saw that one when it came into the shop as a baby...

Either way there's not a whole lot to worry about unless you plan on letting the litte guy chew on you for a while...

Yeah, we're definitely talking about the same specimen. Crystal picked it up barehanded and it didn't so much as move. Mellow. She did mention that it was a little squirrelly when it was smaller, but from what I saw, it had obviously grown out of that.

Tofuman
07-27-2011, 08:50 PM
That is awesome. I'm currently wearing my wife down on obtaining one. I know someone local to me selling one that is fairly docile and allows handling. Personally, I don't plan on handling, but I'm sure yours will mellow out once it acclimates and gets larger. It took me a year to wear my Mom down so I could get one. She thinks they're pretty so I'm sure that helped some.