Pictures P.Paradoxa

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
just wanted to share some pictures of my freshly molted couple paradoxa's,... ghostmantids

Brak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How are the little guys for sitting on your finger? I wanted to get some better shots of my 4 week Sphrodomantis lineola but they run around in their cups like crazy so I'm afraid to take them out.

John

Last edited:

Wolfchan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those are some fantastic mantids!! Thanks for sharing!

conway

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
they look like sum deroplatys dessicata/lobata!well neways i got 2 dessicata

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome mantids guys. Never saw yellow or green paradoxa, those are incredible.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Hi Navaros,
I've been breeding for green for many years and get more and more each generation. Most people never see a single one. I forgot to do it last time but I'll take a pic of a big group of greens when they're adults in a few months.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
@MantidAssassins

very nice picture of you holding those colorvarietys,... :}

Is it corect the coloration isnt genetic but depends on how you raise the nimfs ?
- dry and hot will give you reddisch-brown adults
- moist and on roomtemp gives you the green adults ?

i've got an all black female with blueish eyes,.. i'll try and take a picture of her soon,....
its the only adult that i have with these colors :cool:

greetz

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
The color is affected by genetics (sex-linked) and environment. I can't make any green that aren't showing green. One generation I ended up with one green and have been breeding for the color ever since. Each generation produces more greens because I breed primarily green females. This generation or the next I'll switch to breeding only the greens. I never get outside specimens 'new blood' because I don't want them to be all brown again.