PDA

View Full Version : a spider in with my tarantula??

darksidemxer
09-26-2011, 07:40 AM
i woke up this morning and happily saw my obt had made a nice web curtain on the opposite side of his burrow and i can fully see him now...but then i noticed a web setup that looked nothing like his, a lil tiny spider idk what kind, had made its way in and took over a small section of log. is this common? i assume i need to get the lil bugger out right? just figured id see if this happens to yall alot lol and find out if it could be a potential threat to my obt

Rob1985
09-26-2011, 08:51 AM
if you can't it out, it'll be dead before long. Just better hope it doesn't have some sort of pesticide on it as your OBT will consume that as well.

darksidemxer
09-26-2011, 11:33 AM
i will be sure to fish it out then...its tiny though lol like pinhead cricket tiny.

bholmes
09-26-2011, 11:36 AM
I have had that happen from time to time. I usually just leave them be and they die in a few weeks.

catfishrod69
09-26-2011, 05:51 PM
its most likely a common house spider..i have some getting in with a few of mine...they help catch the moths that get out of the cricket and roach tubs...i have had 1 living with my discoids for some time now...i dont even bother them unless i have to

xhexdx
09-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Your OBT won't eat it, but I'd remove it anyway.

I find them in my enclosures all the time.