View Full Version : a spider in with my tarantula??

09-26-2011, 07:40 AM
i woke up this morning and happily saw my obt had made a nice web curtain on the opposite side of his burrow and i can fully see him now...but then i noticed a web setup that looked nothing like his, a lil tiny spider idk what kind, had made its way in and took over a small section of log. is this common? i assume i need to get the lil bugger out right? just figured id see if this happens to yall alot lol and find out if it could be a potential threat to my obt

09-26-2011, 08:51 AM
if you can't it out, it'll be dead before long. Just better hope it doesn't have some sort of pesticide on it as your OBT will consume that as well.

09-26-2011, 11:33 AM
i will be sure to fish it out then...its tiny though lol like pinhead cricket tiny.

09-26-2011, 11:36 AM
I have had that happen from time to time. I usually just leave them be and they die in a few weeks.

09-26-2011, 05:51 PM
its most likely a common house spider..i have some getting in with a few of mine...they help catch the moths that get out of the cricket and roach tubs...i have had 1 living with my discoids for some time now...i dont even bother them unless i have to

09-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Your OBT won't eat it, but I'd remove it anyway.

I find them in my enclosures all the time.