a spider in with my tarantula??

darksidemxer

Arachnopeon
i woke up this morning and happily saw my obt had made a nice web curtain on the opposite side of his burrow and i can fully see him now...but then i noticed a web setup that looked nothing like his, a lil tiny spider idk what kind, had made its way in and took over a small section of log. is this common? i assume i need to get the lil bugger out right? just figured id see if this happens to yall alot lol and find out if it could be a potential threat to my obt

Rob1985

This user has no status.
if you can't it out, it'll be dead before long. Just better hope it doesn't have some sort of pesticide on it as your OBT will consume that as well.

darksidemxer

Arachnopeon
i will be sure to fish it out then...its tiny though lol like pinhead cricket tiny.

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have had that happen from time to time. I usually just leave them be and they die in a few weeks.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
its most likely a common house spider..i have some getting in with a few of mine...they help catch the moths that get out of the cricket and roach tubs...i have had 1 living with my discoids for some time now...i dont even bother them unless i have to

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Your OBT won't eat it, but I'd remove it anyway.

I find them in my enclosures all the time.