My New Green Tree Python (Morelia viridis)

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Here is what I traded most of my tarantulas for, my Aru locale 0.1 Morelia viridis:

Without flash:

With flash:

She is from High Yellow Mite Phase line. She has some black speckles and a lot of yellow scales underneath. I love her!

Leora22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Shes Stunning :) love the first photo... Cant wait till the day that i get skilled enough to even think about keeping such a species :)good luck and congrats

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
It is not supposed to be that difficult when you buy a CB animal and have the setup working and ready before it comes.

Here are a couple more pictures of her:

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Being defensive is very dependent on locale, on lineage, on individual snake and on the keeper who raised the animal. It is of course wise to avoid WC as those poor creatures arrive pissed and usually stay that way, this is one problem they have in addition to the parasites etc. they surely will have. But other than this, GTPs have an unwarranted reputation. My girl is CB, raised by a great breeder and comes from very docile parents and I have seen more defensive ball pythons than her. She is the most gentle snake I have ever worked with. She even moves with grace.

Now, I am/was a venomous snake keeper and I think snakes are for looking at rather than holding and I am not planning to put unneccessary stress on this girl but as she is so sweet, even I might occasionally take her off her cage when she is active at night time.

Leora22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Being defensive is very dependent on locale, on lineage, on individual snake and on the keeper who raised the animal. It is of course wise to avoid WC as those poor creatures arrive pissed and usually stay that way, this is one problem they have in addition to the parasites etc. they surely will have. But other than this, GTPs have an unwarranted reputation. My girl is CB, raised by a great breeder and comes from very docile parents and I have seen more defensive ball pythons than her. She is the most gentle snake I have ever worked with. She even moves with grace.

Now, I am/was a venomous snake keeper and I think snakes are for looking at rather than holding and I am not planning to put unneccessary stress on this girl but as she is so sweet, even I might occasionally take her off her cage when she is active at night time.
Okay ....so its more a make sure you get a good specimen then there all defensive ...I'm very glad to hear that cuz I've always wanted one and now that I know that its possible to get a Docile GTP I can actually think about getting one ...thanks for the info :)

and those two lastest pictures are so beautiful :)peace

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Here is a feeding video with cool music:

[YOUTUBE]-5TRtb8KH-Q[/YOUTUBE]

angrychair

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got out of snakes years ago. But, I have always wanted a green tree python. I still plan to get a juvi some day, as they are definitively the most beautiful python there is to me. They are the A. versicolor of pythons. I just don't know if I want a red one or a yellow one!

http://www.signalherp.com/green_tree_pythons.htm

blows my mind to even know there are so many morphs too.

Contrats tho, its a beaut!

man these really blow my mind.

Leora22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
WOW that video was amazing It was pretty sweet to see the mouse move threw its body while it stayed perched :) Thank you for sharing

Mara

Arachnopeon
GTP's are so beautiful... and yours is no exception!

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Thanks guys, here is another picture of her:

The random black scales you can see on her back are due to her bloodline. She comes from "mite phase" parents and should develop more of those with age. "Mite phase" are somewhat more valuable and are considered a genetic morph.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What a gorgeous snake! Congrats. I considered getting a GTP recently, but ended up going with an Emerald Tree Boa instead. One day, though, I still intend to get a GTP -- probably an Aru. Yours is pretty much my ideal as far as this species goes. Glad to hear she has a sweet temperament, as I've heard they can be pretty nippy.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Here is another shot at night, that`s when she goes around and looks for food being nocturnal and all :

smoothie4l

Arachnopeon
Absolutely gorgeous! Most definitely in my 10 ten of beautiful snakes! What is her temperament like though, I heard some people say they where nasty and some people said they where nice :/.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Absolutely gorgeous! Most definitely in my 10 ten of beautiful snakes! What is her temperament like though, I heard some people say they where nasty and some people said they where nice :/.
A previous post on this.

Also, check the above picture of her on my hand. 2-3 nights ago she spent an hour coiled around my neck.