I see people feeding roaches to Budgett's, Tomatos, Pyxies, Pacman, but never ACF. Why?

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is there something about ACF that makes people not feed them dubia for some reason?

SandDeku

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There's many more things to feed acf than dubia roaches to be honest. that's why you don't see many people feeding too many feeders like that. In all honesty if I was going to feed them feeders, I'd stick to feeder fish(no goldfish or minnows--- only captive bred fish like guppies, platies and mollies), or even earthworms(rinsed to make sure they pooped all the soil and that no soil is sticking to them), small shrimp(avoid crayfish at all costs), captive bred snails(avoid apple snails), and stuff like crickets even. Because these are far easier to find than roaches. You don't see roaches in petstores. Plus. It'd be a hassle if someone just has an afc and no other reptile or amphibian. So it'd be pointless you know? I'd stick to pellets and above mentioned feeders aslong as they come from a good viable source that is parasite free. No wild caught stuff should be fed though.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a colony of dubia which has overbred to the point I am donating some to a local animal park. :p

SandDeku

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
animal park? you're not setting them free are you?? o_O Anywho. if you have some extras just give em to me. LOL

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
animal park? you're not setting them free are you?? o_O Anywho. if you have some extras just give em to me. LOL
No, like a zoo.
It's a moot point anyway. Turns out the egg flats are necessary to prevent deaths due to overcrowding or something.
I had to cull most of my colony because there were a few ones that died and rooted, attracting maggots, dermestid beetles, and just enough general "eeew" that I bleached them.

I have maybe 50-100 left--that's what I started with,so I know I can restart from there, but it's going to be a pain...