Pregnant G.rosea question.

genius89

Arachnopeon
long story short i bought a adult female g.rosea not knowing she was already pregnant. She laid them on the 25th of last month and my question is how long do i have to wait to pull the eggsackout ? im kinda afraid to do it even with tongs cause she gets pissed with any movements made around her or around the eggsack. please help!!!

Josh Perry

Arachnosquire
sorry nvm i thought you said you didn't have any and btw i think this thread is in the wrong section

Last edited:

Grin

Arachnoknight
oh goodness where did you get her from?

Anyways you have 2 options, you can leave the sack with her or you can pull it yourself.
Spiderlings will hatch in 45 to 90 days. so anywhere from 35-40 days.
Don't be afraid to grab the sac, use something to distract her with while getting the sac with the tongs.
slightly pinch the outside with the tongs, usually the mother will make thick strong sacs.
just place the sac in an incubator, and carefully rip/cut it open.

anything things else?

here's a video, might help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGcN-vMWPdA

genius89

Arachnopeon
To Grin.. thank you so much for your help and i do have one more question. Is it ok to feed me tarantula while shes in this process ?

Grin

Arachnoknight
No problem, anytime.
There is a high chance that she most likely won't eat at all. she's to busy protecting her sac.
It's nothing to worry about though, tarantulas can go a long time without eating.
The most you can do is if you do pull the sac, after taking the eggs out give her back the empty sac to make her more comfortable & less stressed.
After pulling the sac wait a week or so to offer her food, and keep fresh water in bowl just in case.

---------- Post added 10-10-2011 at 05:40 PM ----------

yeah i noticed as well, first time i have seen that.
but hey, it worked!

genius89

Arachnopeon
i fed her a cricket yesterday and she accepted it, is it bad that i fed her one ?

Grin

Arachnoknight
Not bad at all, if she takes it, it's a good thing.
It does help if they do get a small meal as well so they don't get to hungry and eat the sac.
Just don't try to disturb her to much cause they tend to eat the sacs if stressed.
I think the only reason why breeders don't offer food is cause it increases the possibility of mold/mite infestation of the egg sac.
so it has it's upside and downside to the situation.