Upcoming New Arrivals

0siris

Arachnosquire
1" B.emilia
1" G.pulchra
1" B.smithi
1" B.Vagans

They should be here Thursday so check back for pics!

This will bring me to a total of 10 T's. A nice round number :o_O:

0siris

Arachnosquire
Well this turned out to be a horrible day...

After 8 days in transit due to the fine folks at USPS, I finally got my package.

B.emilia - DOA
G.pulchra - DOA
B.smithi - DOA

:cry::cry::cry:

I'm so bummed right now. This is the worst I've felt in a long time. It's not so much that the slings didn't make it but the unnecessary suffering that they most likely went through.

The sender did manage to put a smile on my face by sending 2 freebie B.vagans slings which fortunately did make it. They are both very lethargic and stressed. I will keep them in ICU's at least overnight to monitor their progress but the prognosis is unclear...

Man...this sucks

Deftones90

Arachnosquire
I reaaalllyy don't like the usps. The office here is awful all I get is attitude.

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
Sorry to hear this happened. Shipping is the only bad thing about this hobby because things like this sometimes happen unfortunately. At least the seller tried to make things right.

argolupin

Arachnopeon
the office here says that they can't guarentee anything will stay right side up because everything is done by machines now...not only that they said if you put fragile the guys in the back are likely to kick the package harder...

sorry about the T's... that is very hard...

Deftones90

Arachnosquire
the office here says that they can't guarentee anything will stay right side up because everything is done by machines now...not only that they said if you put fragile the guys in the back are likely to kick the package harder...

Thats messed up...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

cnapple

Arachnoknight
Oh, that's so disappointing! :( Sorry for your loss. If you're having the same weather we are in MI, the poor little guys probably got too cold during the delay. IMO, this is why it's worth the extra $ to get express delivery with LAG.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I hate USPS, they suck here. I know it's expensive, but i wish everyone would use fedex. For me it's better, my rural mail carrier is highly incompetent!

Ryancw93

Arachnopeon
Always get the LAG with numerous T's! One T may work with the cheaper shipping, but if you have 2+, you should always get express. Not only for the T's sake, but for replacement incase this happens!

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Oh man that sucks, sorry for ur loss, cheer up :). All is not lost! I also had lost inverts due to shiping before. 1 was molting and died the other was barely twitching, and even after it went into the ICU, it still didnt make it.

TaylorW

Arachnopeon

and they wonder why they are losing so much business to fed ex and ups. you may pay a little more but your package is taken care of and delived quickly.

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
Most of the time it is 30 bucks to ship USPS, but I'm pretty sure when I've ordered other items online and use fed ex it is relatively cheaper, although I'm not sure about express delivery. Maybe its worth it though.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
If you can swing it, express is the only way to recieve shipments. My local post office is a joke, I no longer trust them in "priority" cases.

0siris

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the condolences guys.

The seller actually did guarantee LAG with priority shipping. The problem was complicated and had to do with the post office changing my address without my knowledge. It's a long story.

The seller is being really professional about it, he offered to replace the slings and ship them express. I figured the least I could do for such awesome customer care is pay for the express shipping.

Update on the 2 B.vagans - they seem to be doing well. Both have started making burrows in the half buried 1oz portion cups I placed in their enclosures.

Quick question for you guys. Have any of you ever disputed late shipments in an attempt to get reimbursement with USPS? Or any other carrier for that matter?

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
I've been fortunate, and not had to experience any DOAs, that being said, I haven't disputed anything with usps. I've complained alot though.

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
Unfortunately complaining is futile. Reimbursement is practically non-existent. Much like many other "government" facilities, they will not be responsible for their actions. They are sooooooo busy yet they have made a habit of raising the price of stamps to the point that they will soon cost as much as a gallon of milk. This is supposedly due to a dramatic decline in the number of people using the USPS (wonder why). Yet they are soooooo busy they cannot do a simple job well. See where I'm going with this?

croc1monitor

Arachnopeon
I have been refunded by usps but the shipping service has to be express with a guarunteed delivery time, if its late with this service usps will refund the amount paid for shipping. You have to read the fine print when shipping priority, it states they are not liable for any delays.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
and they wonder why they are losing so much business to fed ex and ups. you may pay a little more but your package is taken care of and delived quickly.
I work for UPS, and I would be afraid to to ship with them knowing how they run things there. Plus UPS is most likely the most expensive

TaylorW

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately complaining is futile. Reimbursement is practically non-existent. Much like many other "government" facilities, they will not be responsible for their actions. They are sooooooo busy yet they have made a habit of raising the price of stamps to the point that they will soon cost as much as a gallon of milk. This is supposedly due to a dramatic decline in the number of people using the USPS (wonder why). Yet they are soooooo busy they cannot do a simple job well. See where I'm going with this?
there is still a way to shove it in their faces. they dont realize they hold their jobs in their hands. if people quit using usps and business drops too much they will cut back on jobs. the same people that dont take care of packages will be jobless, and who will they have to blame?