Good or bad sign in dropped sling

8leggedloverlassie

Arachnosquire
Ok,so last wk I dropped my 4-5 instar sling 10 inches onto side of a wooden chest then 11 inch onto soft carpet,he didn't hav visible leaking and was walking fine,then he started webbing his burrow,I Offered him a fruit fly inside the burrow and he took it but then he carried it outside the burrow and left it. I was leaving for qld in 3 days and he wouldn't eat and he was just interested in webbing and enhancing his burrow.I'm coming home today.

Amoeba

Arachnolord
Slings are way more resilient than we give them credit for. If there is no leaking or signs of damage then put it in the back of your mind. My best guess would be that it is in premolt and is making things comfy for the process or just being a tarantula. What species is it? pics?

8leggedloverlassie

Arachnosquire
He I an Australian hissing,whistling T. Iv got pics but hav trouble uploading. :0). He molted about a month or so ago so he could be due for another. thank u. :0)

Amoeba

Arachnolord
Yeah it's probably premolt then. If you look at its abdomen you'll see it darkening to a black/purple and you can tell a molt is soon to be.

8leggedloverlassie

Arachnosquire
came bak from holidays,and he was poking halfways out of his tunnel but ran down when he saw me. i offered him a fruit fly and he has eaten 3! plus he has made th top of his burrow look like a volcano! im sooo happy now. :0)