Unharmful medicine for T's

BrachysWorld

Arachnopeon
Has anyone ever had this issue with any of their T's? The area where the fangs are is hard, and they are unable to retract or or pull them out. It's just whitish hard in that area. Our A. metallica hasn't eaten since last molt which was about 5 months ago, and we were wondering what was wrong. The other day she was on her back in a semi death curl (almost made us choke) and I immediately went in after her and put her in an emergency set-up. Steam seemed to get her a bit more active, but still the same curled up positions. Extreme dehydration is what I'm getting. So this morning I picked her up, and examined why she was struggling to drink as I noticed her trying last night to no avail. And it seems near her mouth it's hardened where she is unable to even suck food. The fangs are unable to reveal or retract at all. So sad to see this.

Was wondering if anyone tried a homemade herb or something to soften that hardened area before if you experienced this with one of your T's? Or do you just steam them to no end to rehydrate them at least?

Josh Perry

Arachnosquire
I would try to feed it roach soup and if it can't eat that i would just throw it in the freezer to put it down. If it can't eat it can't molt, it would just be waiting to starve to death.
Sorry I am sure this isn't what you wanted to hear but it is what i would do if I were in your situation. I'm sorry please keep us updated and as happy said pics would help

BrachysWorld

Arachnopeon
I would try to feed it roach soup and if it can't eat that i would just throw it in the freezer to put it down. If it can't eat it can't molt, it would just be waiting to starve to death.
Sorry I am sure this isn't what you wanted to hear but it is what i would do if I were in your situation. I'm sorry please keep us updated and as happy said pics would help
No you're fine. Truth is better than fiction, no matter how hard to swallow.

Josh Perry

Arachnosquire
If you are going to follow the advice i gave don't do it just on my suggestion see what other people have to say i would hate for you to follow it only to see i was wrong.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
it does sonud like nemotodes...you need to get us a close up pic of her mouth...and get her quarantined from your other T's...put her in anothe room...

BrachysWorld

Arachnopeon
She was quarantined long time ago. Those aren't the issues. Her directly was what I was wondering about but nevermind. She passed away while we were away today. Like I said after she molted awhile back she wasn't eating, and now we know why, even though it was already too late. Very sad day but all life gets sick at some point. Thanks for the responses everyone.

happysmile88

Arachnoknight
Hydrogen peroxide, the milder solution 3% may be safe to use. I think I read somewhere that someone used on an nematode infected T by swabbing the mouth parts with a H[SUB]2[/SUB]O[SUB]2[/SUB] dipped Qtip. H[SUB]2[/SUB]O[SUB]2[/SUB] quickly degrades into H[SUB]2[/SUB]O and O[SUB]2[/SUB] it's probably safe to use since the end product is just water and oxygen

Josh Perry

Arachnosquire
Sorry for your loss at least you tried your best to save it. Hopefully this does not spread to your other Ts and if it does you know how to treat it. I know i learned a lot from this thread and hope others can learn from this too.