Rare T's

Arachnoholic

Arachnopeon
I'm wondering what the opinions are out there as far as what the really rare T's out there are. I know there's a few that I want that are asking a pretty penny and very hard to find, but I want to know what everyone thinks are the really rare gems.

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Iridopelma seladonium! I've never seen them for sale!

Grin

Arachnoknight
Colombian Lesserblack (Xenesthis immanis)
Columbian Pumpkin Patch (Hapolopus sp.)
Blue Foot Baboon (Idiothele mira)
Purple Bloom (Pamphobeteus sp.)
Malaysian Blue Femur (Coremiocnemis brachyramosa)

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
What do you mean by rare? Species that are going extinct? Species that you dont see sellers here selling? There is a vast difference in the view of tarantulas being rare. Grin has a good list of species that are rare for sellers to sell but not very rare in the eye of the world.

---------- Post added 10-11-2011 at 08:16 PM ----------

Except for the immanis that becoming very popular for people to.sell along with the brachyramosa

Arachnoholic

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas that are uncommon or hard to find, something that you've been really wanting or doesnt appear often

synyster

Arachnobaron
I gotta go with I. seladonium too. I've been looking for a while to try and find some of those!
Agreed with E.olivacea too.

there are also +/- 600 species not available to the hobby so I guess the list of rare T's can go a long way...

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
there are also +/- 600 species not available to the hobby so I guess the list of rare T's can go a long way...
(applause)
It also doesn't help that some of the species that drop in the US take a while to get to Canada, and I'm sure the opposite happens as well.

awolfe

Arachnosquire
I can't believe how beautiful this tarantula you mentioned is. Wwwoooowww

Grin

Arachnoknight
The immanis and brachyramosa i have been seeing a bit more of since i got into the hobby.

What i really want to get my hands on is the Pamphobeteus sp.
I have searched and still can't find anyone with slings or successful breeding here in the US.

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
So agree! I remember going on a hunt for the slightest information on them with my mum about a year ago. I have a platyomma but thats the only species ive ever came across.

Arachnoholic

Arachnopeon
I have a Pamphobeteus anitious, big 8" female. I've been trying to find a male for her.

Armstrong5

Arachnosquire
Haplopelma schmidti...I finally have one but by far the in the top 5 for hardest to get your hands on!! And the E.olivacea is becoming way more available than many others so in my mind still rare not very hard to get in my mind!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pretty much all of the Ts I have left on my wish list are rare as can be :/

Cyriopagopus sp. Sumatran tiger
Idiothele mira
Ornithoctoninae sp. Borneo orange fringe
Selenocosmia dichromata