B. albopilosa sling not ready to upgrade to larger container

awolfe

Arachnosquire
Tried to upgrade housing for my b. albopilosum. I put it in a larger critter keeper and it looked lost in it. So I moved it back to the smaller keeper. How big should it be before I upgrade? This is my first sling. Its about 1.5 inch now.

Last edited:

Drakk

Arachnosquire
A good rule to go by with slings is...2x the leg span or a bit more should be the shortest diameter more is ok if u can keep the caging in the right conditions and the baby can still find its food etc.
Sometimes my slings seem lost at first when "upgraded".
What size are the keepers?

awolfe

Arachnosquire
The container is small, maybe 3 in wide by 5 long. He's been in it and tunneled fine, and finds food good. So I shouldn't be in a hurry. The other container isn't much larger.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Just so you know, it's B. albopilosum. :)

Jon3800

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't start to move my Ts into kritter keepers until they are around the 3'' mark. I would house your sling in a slightly oversized deli container.

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
My slings are around the same size and i house them in tupperwares use to store food. Its great as it, can hold enough sub for burrowes plus its not over sizes, so u can fill substrate up almost to the lid so they dont fall and rupture their abdomen. If u wanna replace the sub, its easy too. Plus they come in many sizes and heights for terrestials and aboreals.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Ooops lol. My bad.im still learning. Please have patience. ;)
We have all been there. You're using the scientific names instead of common names, so that's a great start. ;)