Dying of old age?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have an Acanthogonatus sp. that I just found lifeless in it's enclosure. No shrunk abdomen, no death curl, nothing. It just molted sometime back at the beginning of summer and lost one of it's fangs. It had been eating well too. I purchased it at Petco about one year ago so it was wild caught with no way of telling age. It was at full grown size at about 3.5 - 4". I currently have it's front half in the water dish and hoping for the best, but I don't think it is gonna pull through. I'm wondering if it might have been due to old age.

Has anyone had a tarantula to die of old age? One raised from a sling. What did it look like when you found it?

Thanks.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well.... I guess no one has had a T die of old age....

Just checked and it's gone. One of my favorite spiders too...

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bummer man. Excluding mature males that I've given away, I've never lost a T to old age. Sorry for your loss.

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had one B vagans female that was an adult when i got her and traced it back to roughly 6 years, she died suddently, no signs of anything... no abdomen shrinking, no nothing... So I had to chalk it up to old age.. since she had been fine for years.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had one B vagans female that was an adult when i got her and traced it back to roughly 6 years, she died suddently, no signs of anything... no abdomen shrinking, no nothing... So I had to chalk it up to old age.. since she had been fine for years.
Well... makes me feel a bit better. It was just random. Really is a bummer!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
A few months ago I had an adult female E. pulcherrimaklaasi die for no reason. She went into a death curl. Her water dish was full and i put her mouth in water to hydrate her. She was most likely WC as I bought her from a pet store about a year ago. She had not molted in my care and was with me for a year.