Urgent Reasurance needed!!!

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I woke up this morning to find that my lil Paraphysa Parvula was lying on its back. None of my T's have done this yet but i have learned enough to know that this means its moulting, i also know that they also die with there legs curled up but i'm still a bit worried because i actually left a cricket in its tank cause i had no idea it was gna moult(I've taken it out now). I had a lil ganders at my T and found no obvious signs of bleeding or injury but its not moving at all or even looking at all like its trying to moult, is this normal or am i just worrying for no reason as i said this is my first moult. I guess i just wanna know, What should i expect? And How long does the process normaly take? ASAP Replies would be greatly apreciated, thanks.

cnapple

Arachnoknight
i'm sure it will be fine. It can take hours for a T to molt, and often times it will take "breaks" during which no movement is apparent. The bigger the T, the longer it will take to molt. Also, next time you leave a cricket in an enclosure, I'd wait until after the molt is complete to remove it. The chances of a cricket harming your spider are less than your disturbance harming it IMO.

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cheers m8, that really eased my mind, i still got alot to learn.

tloquenehouk

Arachnopeon
i thought my mexican fireleg kisked the bucket the other day but when i came home from work there wuz 2 T's in her tank. lol right now my quarter size giant white knee is on its back and my ecud. blue wuz on her back yesterday. it'll prob be fine. good luck. how big is the T?

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's a long process Don't fret over it .

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
i thought my mexican fireleg kisked the bucket the other day but when i came home from work there wuz 2 T's in her tank. lol right now my quarter size giant white knee is on its back and my ecud. blue wuz on her back yesterday. it'll prob be fine. good luck. how big is the T?
This is the second time today I have seen "ecud" what is that? I'm confused.

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I dont handle him that much so i haven't measured it but i'd say about 2".

darksidemxer

Arachnopeon
i dont wanna thread jack but i got a molt related question. when my obt goes into a molt, if there is a cricket in there, should i go in after it? he molts inside his webbing and any time the top comes off even in his web its noticeable that he gets tense and anxious. so do i dive in and stress him during the molt? or do i leave the cricket cuz he will be sealed in his hammock?

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
drkside- Don't worry about the cricket during a molt-

cnapple

Arachnoknight
i dont wanna thread jack but i got a molt related question. when my obt goes into a molt, if there is a cricket in there, should i go in after it? he molts inside his webbing and any time the top comes off even in his web its noticeable that he gets tense and anxious. so do i dive in and stress him during the molt? or do i leave the cricket cuz he will be sealed in his hammock?
I agree with skar. Unless you can just reach in and grab the cricket really easily, I'd leave it be. It's not worth stressing out the spider by rooting around in its web while it's undergoing an already stressful process.

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My T is fine, just been watchin it moult. Right now its just trying to pull away from its old exo-skeleton. Its pretty cool too watch.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
Saying "wuz" instead of "was" doesn't save any time, so why do people use it? It has the same number of letters..I just don't get it. Why must we de-Anglicize words?!

---------- Post added 10-13-2011 at 06:20 PM ----------

My T is fine, just been watchin it moult. Right now its just trying to pull away from its old exo-skeleton. Its pretty cool too watch.
It's called an exuvium and it's extremely cool to watch. :)