sling or not sling

tloquenehouk

Arachnopeon
my little quarter size ecud. blue has very quickly become larger the others. it molts more frequently and is out growing all 7 other slings. She (HOPEFULLY....) would prob be about 4 inches completely layin flat. Why is she growing so fast? they all pretty much are on the same feeding schudule. And when is she no longer a sling? Shes been on regular size criquets now for a while. Is one good sizes criquet a weeks worth of food? she i offer twice a week? thanx for any advice in advance...TLOQUENEHOUK. :coffee:

cnapple

Arachnoknight
I'm not experienced with this species, but it could just have a faster growth rate than the other species you keep. There's a lot of variation in that. Another possibility is it is male. Males tend to grow more quickly than females. The difference between sling and juvenile is pretty arbitrary. Personally, I consider anything over 2" to be a "juvi" and anything < 2" to be a sling. One appropriately sized cricket once a week is perfectly fine. Some people prefer to feed more often to get their spiders to grow more quickly, but I prefer not to. Since your spider is growing so rapidly anyway, there is little need to feed more often.

tloquenehouk

Arachnopeon
yeah ive heard of speed feedin or what ever theyre callin it. im in the camp of it ages them faster and thus shortens their lives. thanxs ---TLOQUENEHOUK (HOPE UR WRONG ON THE MALE PART! LOL)