Arboreal T's

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've got an empty glass tank sitting in my shed and i've been tempted too put another critter in it, so i thought i might try an arboreal species. Anyone got any experience with the tree dwellers. The tank is probably about 17" both tall and wide(someone borrowed my tape measure lol),its a perfect cube, is this an ok sized home? Also is there any extra factors i need to take into consideration? In fact if anyone feels like posting a pick of there setups that would be wicked.

Tann

Arachnopeon
If the tank is a perfect 17" cube then that's actually a pretty big enclosure going by gallons. I've read around that most arboreal species, and most species in general usually don't require more than a 10 gallon tank (~20" x 10" x 12"). Though I've seen some very cool large setups for T. Blondi's.

I'd think that your main concern would be with the top being secure and able to keep good humidity.

Also, if you're looking for some inspiration,

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/forumdisplay.php?81-Vivariums-and-Terrariums

check that out

Vilurum

Arachnosquire
I have 2 Arboreals, A. avic and A metallica and they are very good Ts, they are quite fast and skittish and not defensive. they do require abit of humidty but are not hard to keep at all.