Once You Go Black...

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
I finally gave in. I purchased two G. pulchra slings, and they couldn't have arrived on a better day! Today marks 2 years in the tarantula hobby for me. I've been going through my different phases of T's: Docile & Slow-growing, Big & Fast-growing, OW's, then Dwarf T's. Now I think I'm back at the beginning; it's a vicious cycle! {D Alright, enough typing. I have to go look at my pulchra slings some more.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats why I say get some of all types! Except for dwarf species, I mean, what's the point?

(ducks and runs for cover)

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Who says a solid black tarantula isn't beautiful? I love my pulchra, and my G formosa as well. Oh, and... Well, suffice it to say, I think velvet-black is a perfect color for a T.

Congrats! I love my Lullaby, hope yours are as sweet as she is!

Marga

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like dwarfs, they're cute & pretty like C.elegans :3
I kid, I kid. I tell you what, some of the most beautifully colored and patterns Ts are dwarves

Oh, and Tom, congrats on the anniversary :)

Fins

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
G. pulchra are gorgeous. Mine is at about 3". Enjoy yours.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318553985.961847.jpg

superfunTtime

Arachnopeon
My pulchra girl is right about that size too, maybe 2.5-3". Favorite of my collection so far. The flawless black is just beyond gorgeous.

lunashimmer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
+ 1 on ALL POSTS extolling the virtues of G. pulchras!!!! Love, love LOVE them! My Edgar is a cutie-patootie, about 3.5" DLS, gorgeous midnight velvet color, and attacks the water dropper with vengeance (so darn cute I can't stand it!)! I've had him since he was a wee 1" dull-brown-colored sling. I would love to have more but the husband has put the kabosh on any more Ts. (Bad husband!:evil:)

And Scoolman--beautiful pic!!!! :)

Louis Winthorpe III

Arachnopeon
Tom - where did you buy your two slings from? I'm interested in keeping one of these beauties in he near future. Cheers!

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
I got them from Sr. Chencho from the classifieds. I definitely recommend him, great communication, great packing, and great prices. They are fingernail-sized right now but I love getting T's small because you get to see all of the different stages, you have them for longer, and they are usually 5 - 10x cheaper than a juvie or adult.

Last edited:

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
I want a pulchra soooooooo bad. I just can't find them offline. Maybe I'll have luck at the next reptile expo in California.

0siris

Arachnosquire
This thread makes me :cry:

My 3 slings that I ordered earlier this week..one of which was a G.pulchra, are lost in the mail...

:mad: USPS :mad:

0siris

Arachnosquire
This is the first time I've had trouble with them. The sender insisted they are not shipped directly to me but instead held at the post office for pickup. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it...

to keep the thread on topic: G.pulchra are awesome looking T's. The jet black coloration is friggin awesome! :D

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
This thread makes me :cry:

My 3 slings that I ordered earlier this week..one of which was a G.pulchra, are lost in the mail...

:mad: USPS :mad:
wow that's so bad...

just got my first two pulchra slings last month...both are about an inch in size. one burrowed deep and i haven't seen it for a while unless you looked at the bottom container. it web its entrance. don't know what it's been doing. the other is on the open. both aren't yet black. can't wait for it to get bigger... :) love these species!!!