Anyone need help with pronouncing scientific names?

smoothie4l

Arachnopeon
I found a website for anyone how needs help or is not sure, you can all so find what the name means by the same people.

Anyway, I hope this webstie helps and note that I had nothing to do with it I just want people to know about it.

http://atshq.org/articles/beechwp1.html

BillMNJ

Arachnosquire
But new news for me, and I'm sure for others as well. I appreciate the repost!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i have seen that before...but i have also read that there is no right or wrong way to pronounce scientific names...i think it would be best to have names you click on, and a person pronounces them over your microphone...that would be way better..

Amoeba

Arachnolord
i have seen that before...but i have also read that there is no right or wrong way to pronounce scientific names...i think it would be best to have names you click on, and a person pronounces them over your microphone...that would be way better..
Once upon a time I stumbled upon a site that someone had recorded themselves saying the latin names. When I'm not so busy I will find it.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
cool...only problem is if it just some random person, then they might be pronouncing it totally wrong..
Once upon a time I stumbled upon a site that someone had recorded themselves saying the latin names. When I'm not so busy I will find it.

Amoeba

Arachnolord
cool...only problem is if it just some random person, then they might be pronouncing it totally wrong..
Well you said yourself that "there is no right or wrong way" ;P

This site was one of those care sheet sites someone had created I listened to a few and they sounded like how I'd say them so I put some faith in it. You can always listen to T videos on youtube for the same effect though.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah i know i did :).....im sure it will most likely be a good read..
Well you said yourself that "there is no right or wrong way" ;P

This site was one of those care sheet sites someone had created I listened to a few and they sounded like how I'd say them so I put some faith in it. You can always listen to T videos on youtube for the same effect though.

smoothie4l

Arachnopeon
That would be really cool, i would love to try and find one of those. I think it might be easier to remember if someone where to say it to me.