The hell just happened?

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
:?

Okay so I decide to try feeding my T one last time. I dumped the two crickets in the cage with it and so the I cleaned out the small container it was in. I turned my back for no longer than five seconds and poof. Both of the crickets were gone. The tarantula was still on it's pvc pipe and the crickets were no where to be seen. WTH!

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Maybe they're inside or under the PVC pipe.

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
I know they aren't in the pvc. I checked in there. So I guess the might be under it.... and the tank it's in is quiet tall and I put the top on before emptying out the 'cup' I had them in. SO I guess the only place they can be is under the pvc. :/ Sneaky crickets.

vickywild

Arachnoknight
Check around the water dish. Crickets I put in always always go beside it/under it.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
Feeding your Ts crix is great because the crix walk around. You can drop them in and move to the next one versus roaches, which go straight to burrowing. I hate it! I have to hold the tip of the roach's body with foreceps and sometimes you drop them and they're pretty much gone until they surface again in a few days =\ Sorry, I had to rant :p

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Since we're talking feeding :)
I accidentally fed my sling obt a roach bigger than my sling was.
The roach dug in so i poured water on the sub when I came back war had ensued !! Awesome battle, homes were destroyed and buildings
collapsed yet the lil obt had dinner still :)

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
A magnificent victory for T's and owners alike. :p But anyways I caught sight of one of the crickets before I went to bed. I tried to stay up to track it but then I fell asleep. Now I must wait for one to show itself and then I shall watch it to find out where it went.

TaylorW

Arachnopeon
Feeding your Ts crix is great because the crix walk around. You can drop them in and move to the next one versus roaches, which go straight to burrowing. I hate it! I have to hold the tip of the roach's body with foreceps and sometimes you drop them and they're pretty much gone until they surface again in a few days =\ Sorry, I had to rant :p
mealworms will burrow too its annoying

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
mealworms will burrow too its annoying
I actually have some knowledge on this! :D Wow, i feel so special. Let me just savor this moment...... Okay so in this book I borrowed from my friend, they said for meal worms, it is best to get a smallish dish, kind of like a water dish, place a thin layer of oatmeal on the bottom, and move your tarantula there so it knows it can get food there. Or something along those lines. :p

But anyways I found the crickets it looks like one of them shed or molted or whatever crickets do. It looks so shiny! And the other is hiding under the pvc pipe. I win. Stupid crickets.

Last edited:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
one bad thing about that is using oatmeal you are gonna have a grain mite infestation..thats how all mine started..using oats for roach bedding.
I actually have some knowledge on this! :D Wow, i feel so special. Let me just savor this moment...... Okay so in this book I borrowed from my friend, they said for meal worms, it is best to get a smallish dish, kind of like a water dish, place a thin layer of oatmeal on the bottom, and move your tarantula there so it knows it can get food there. Or something along those lines. :p

But anyways I found the crickets it looks like one of them shed or molted or whatever crickets do. It looks so shiny! And the other is hiding under the pvc pipe. I win. Stupid crickets.

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
Oooh. Never mind then. OATMEAL IS BAD! IGNORE ME! Ahem. But still, if not oatmeal then what would one use? I mean, what would be safe to use with a low chance of mite infestations?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
maybe shredded paper towel..best thing to use is nothing at all....alot easier to clean too...i still have oatmeal in with my dubias, but thats because i havent gotten them cleaned out yet..
Oooh. Never mind then. OATMEAL IS BAD! IGNORE ME! Ahem. But still, if not oatmeal then what would one use? I mean, what would be safe to use with a low chance of mite infestations?

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
Cool. Thanks for the information. My T still hasn't moved from it's pvc pipe to hunt any of the crickets though. I don't think it knows that it's supposed to eat the crickets. :sarcasm: