My poor puppy. :(

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
My dog, Nico, had surgery today. He had to have his hernia fixed, he was neutered and his wiener was reconstructed. We had to pick him up or he would have been alone.... in a strange place.... with no one to love him while he was in pain.... So me and my mom picked him. And when we had to move him to the van he made the saddest crying screams I have ever heard. :cry: :cry: :cry:

When we got home I was treated to more of those crying screams. :cry: And now my brother's friend who hates dogs is here. I swear if he says something I will emotionally scar that kid. For life. And afterlife.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
sorry to hear about your dog...hopefully it recovers quickly...i have been through a hernia surgery, although no wiener construction :)....but yeah that hernia i lived with for 7 years...and the after surgery was the worst pain i have ever been in..

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
Ouch. Yeah but for the hernia surgery you at least knew why you were in pain. My dog probably thinks this is punishment for no reason. :'( I don't think he really grasps what happened to him so he's scared and in pain. :'( Sad face.

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
Just an update. My poor Nico is now standing up even though he is so tired because it hurts to much to lie down. I looked into his eyes and saw overwhelming sadness. I had a silent cry into a pillow. He walked under the table where he feels safe and I think I might break down. Why are dogs so emotionally taxing? I imagine it would be a lot worse if it was my own genetic offspring.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The opioid pain meds used with many veterinary surgeries leaves the patient disoriented and some of them will vocalize because they're loopy. What kind of hernia did he have repaired, and why did he need his penis reconstructed?

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
Well, it was a hernia about the size of my thumb and twice as wide. And he already had a prolapsed urethra. So he had that fixed but then the injury scared over and the scar tissue prevented him from peeing. So it was either penis reconstruction or he got a new pee hole. I feel so bad for him because he is kind of crying for attention. And he's still drugged from the tranquilizers we gave him so he has trouble standing up.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Umbilical hernia? Inguinal? Perineal? Is he a Bulldog or other brachycephalic breed? Just curious, prolapsed urethra is not a common finding. Hope he's doing better today.

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
I do not know what kind of hernia it was. I'm not educated in that particular information. -_- But he's a mini schnauzer/mix. I say mix because he's not as small as a mini but he's not stander sized either. He's in between. And yes he is doing better. But it's kind of sad to watch him stumbled around all drugged. :'(

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
glad that he is doing better...mini shnauzer, thats not bad...you should see my half chiuahuah half blue heeler...