Thinking of switching enclosures...

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
The one I bought I do not think is going to work for me, as I will have to open it by lifting the top half up and mist it while tilting it as well as feeding. I think it will be better if I put it in a jar and poke some air holes in it. What do you think? I love my enclosure but it's just too small...Not for the sling but for how I would like to do things. This is my enclosure now:

IMAG1190.jpg

Would a tall jar be okay?? I can get a container from walmart tomorrow morning then go to the pet store to get some supplies to fill it. (I have substrate and a little piece of cork bark as you see in the pic) I would need more cork bark or a stick or something and fake plants. How big is too big for a container for a sling? I have not measured my sling but he is tiny!

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
I keep my A.versicolors in that same enclosure. What i did was pry the front screen off, and feed/mist through the hole. when i'm done i use a rubberband to hold screen in place, it works great, and i don't have to disturb my sling's webbing, or stress them out. The screen will pop back in the hole.

Dogfish

Arachnopeon
I also keep a versicolor sling in that same setup. I actually prefer it to open in the middle as opposed to the top, as it makes changing out substrate easy in case of mold. Don't worry about misting, just take the top off, set it down, and spray the substrate til it's moist. You can lay down a bit of sphagnum moss over the substrate if you like, it holds the moisture very well and seems to keep a more stable humidity level. I find that the minute I start messing with the enclosure my sling runs and hides in its web so escapes are usually not a problem. The enclosure is only open long enough to lift the top and set it down, once again sealing it shut.

spidey.jpg

Dogfish

Arachnopeon
OH! I forgot to add, use a hot glue gun to attach any decorations to the sides of the top half of the enclosure. This is key! Once you've done that you can separate the two halves with no problem. Just move your sling to a temporary enclosure, glue the decorations on and allow to dry for 3-5 hours, once the glue turns a milky white color you're in the clear.

spidey2.jpg

Last edited: