Stupid light!!!

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
Yesterday I got my T and he is on my dresser in his enclosure. I bought a light that sticks on to the top of the shelf part so I can have some light on him when I take pictures. It's not a bright light and my pics still come out like crap but it works for now so I can see him. Wellll last night I was in my room reading when I started hearing this strange noise and I thought...That can't be my bird and my T is way too little to make that kind of noise, so I look over at my T and I see the light fixture coming OFF the top shelf area. It is held by adhesive stick on things. There are three of them on there but it has eight batteries in it. Sooo I quickly got up and (I don't know why I did this) put it back onto the top shelf above my T's enclosure. I left my room for a few hours and when it was time for me to go to bed....the light fixture was on the bottom...my T enclosure was pushed almost to the edge of the dresser and the substrate was messed up (which was okay it didn't need to look perfect but it looks nicer). Thank god my T was okay and was not injured during this ordeal!!! That would have been devastating since I JUST got him that day. =/ I need to figure out what to use for that light fixture. I cannot screw it in so it has to be adhesive or glue...though I don't think glue would work because I need to take it down to change batteries.

Anyone know a good brand of adhesive stick on's that can hold things well?? Should I not put the light fixture there anymore no matter what? I don't need to hang it up there I can put it on my DVD's or something...idk

What do you think?

This could have ended badly and I am so happy it didn't. I should write the company and tell them their adhesive stickies don't work and almost caused a fatality!

Also, I learned another lesson...Do not put things directly above T enclosure! Or at least have good adhesive that wont fall.

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
I guess If you want an adhesive that will work, duct tape will work. Duct Tape fixes everything. That's the only solution I can really think of. Duct table the hell out of that light. Or just use a flashlight with some kind of dimming settings. I think the have those kind of things. Also, just out of curiosity, what kind of T is it?

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
It's a Versicolor. I don't have the light on constantly, only to see the T and attempt to take pictures.

It's a sling so it's a lot harder to see. lol

Thanks!

cnapple

Arachnoknight
I don't really see the necessity for a light source. Couldn't you just move the enclosure into better lighting when you want to take pictures? Seems like a safer option to me.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah moving the enclosure would be best, but if not, then maybe try velcro

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
I wasn't sure about moving the enclosure to a different spot because I didn't want to disturb the T. I am not going to put the light up there again. I'd rather be safe than sorry!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
moving the enclosure shouldnt bother it much..i have to unstack all kinds of T's and other bugs when i feed/water/or need to look, as long as you dont trip or something.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
as long as you dont trip or something
I dropped an enclosure once due to a variation of what you said. That was enough for me to never walk around with an enclosure again. Luckily it was a sling and zero damage was done. My sister would cried for weeks if my B smithi died.

cnapple

Arachnoknight
I move my sling enclosures back and forth from the dining room table at least once a week for feeding and maintenance. Doesn't seem to bother them too much. Just be careful.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you can find it... I used a 25 watt blue bulb with a dial switch (obviously easier to control heat, brightness) and it came with a clamp.