I think I got lucky!

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
So I literally just got back home from going to a local expo and while I wasn't planning on buying anything I saw something there I had to have. The guy there had an Iridoplema hirsutum sling. Now while I had heard of the Iridopelma genus before I wasn't familiar with this particular species. Then I googled it with my iPhone and was able to pull up a bunch of info on these boards here and knew I had to have it. And the fact that it was only $12 I knew it was gonna be my lucky day. This thing is gorgeous and I have to agree with everybody who says they're the most beautiful slings. I think they're even more beautiful than versicolors are as slings. Have to say I'm pretty extatic right now. Still trying to find out how big they get though.

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
I know I know I took a pic with my iPhone but I've yet to figure out how to post it in here since my phone is what I use for my web browsing. I just fed it too and it's just as aggressive at eating as everyone said.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They will get to 4-4.5 inches.
They are FAST,and quite defensive,so get ready for threat postures.Did I mention that they are FAST?

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
They will get to 4-4.5 inches.
They are FAST,and quite defensive,so get ready for threat postures.Did I mention that they are FAST?

Haha yea I read all about their quickness and defensiveness. I got an OBT, H. lividum and P. irminia so I'm not too concerned about those things.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These act like an arboreal obt IMHO,so be careful when feeding or removing the lid,as they like to RUN.

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
Well it's dead..... Came home after work and found it all curled up. Apparently it passed sometime during the afternoon. Sucks. I'm pretty confident it wasn't my fault. I'm gonna put blame on the guy I bought it from at the expo. He seemed to be keeping all his slings there too moist and had already lost a few P. striatas, another I. hirsutum as well as some others. I figured since this one was alive and only $12 it was worth the risk. The fact that it ate too when I got it home had me thinking it would be fine. (Sigh) oh well. I'm glad I only paid $12 instead of some of the other prices I've seen, otherwise I would be a lot more upset right now. Hopefully I'll get another one eventually.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, it is a good thing you only paid 12 bones for it though. Think of that as a silver lining, if there is one.