Didn't see that coming.

MrJohn

Arachnopeon
8f3e51a3.jpg
A made the mistake of trusting her during a feeding, and I left the door open on her habitat. She bolted around the room for about 5 minutes until she climbed me like a tree and finally came to rest on my foot. After this pic was taken she ran back up to my arm and I was able to wrangle her into a catch cup with my trusty paintbrush. All with out getting bit!

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
Ha! Brilliant. This to me is exactly why OBT's are so popular, they're just utter nutballs :D

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Problem is alot of people out there would say that's right where they ALL belong...on the bottom of someone's foot! Just not in that good of condition. Glad to hear you didn't get bit!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Problem is alot of people out there would say that's right where they ALL belong...on the bottom of someone's foot! Just not in that good of condition. Glad to hear you didn't get bit!
I was thinking the exact same thing. I had this picture in my head with the text, "Suicidal spider is fail." LOL!

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
Priceless! I can't wait till my OBT starts getting color, only @1" or so now. Glad to hear you didn't get bit!

Minion

Arachnopeon
That's funny, and the T is beautiful. I had my Brachypelma boehmei get out once. It had climbed onto the top of the enclosure and when I opened it I did not realize. It got onto the couch and was running all around. I was able to corral it back into a tupper ware container.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And that's another way to get rid of flies ! ! ha

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
I could never understand why some find it entertaining to read about or experience the behavior of a tarantula exhibiting the behavior of self preservation when the keeper has a lapse of good judgment. I thought it was common knowledge that Pterinochilus murinus was to be respected for it's highly defensive nature, but it seems many treat it as a novelty.