Question about my T

sapeian

Arachnopeon
I bought a T for the first time the other day,
The person that sold it to me said it was a female without a doubt,
Ive now had several T owners tell me it's a male.

I am still learning and using as many resources as possible to look after a T,
Ive scince found out I payed way to much, and that the Male will not last long.
This has disheartend me alot,
I can recover from the financial loss, as thats my fualt for not doing research first.

What I want to know is would it be a bad thing of me to do to search out a breeder and offer them my male,
And in return ask that I get a female sling (if thats possible to sex a sling).

again i dont know how the industry works hence the question, would I need to pay someone to do that?

Sorry for the question, I know its very noobish, but I guess if I don't ask I wont know.

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

Tann

Arachnopeon
If you do have a male, once he matures many people usually use the forums to find a female to pair him with. That way you can get a 50/50 breeder loan going, getting half the slings from the pairing.

sapeian

Arachnopeon
Ok sounds great thanks, Although I would'nt want that many, just the one will do me the now :D

Tann

Arachnopeon
Haha, yeah I don't blame you. You could always rehome the excess, or possibly look to trade your male for a confirmed female juvenile.

I think you have a G. rosea, right? You should know that they're very slow growers, so getting a sling would lead to you having a very small friend for a very long while. Also, when they're small I've read it's fairly difficult to sex them.