brachypelma auratum

jungalist86

Arachnopeon
hi,i recently got a lovely brachypelma auratum sling as a suprize present,as ive never really dealt with the auratum before i am just treating it in the same way you would any other brachy,just wonderd if anyone had any different info or exsperiences with one,anyway thanks in advance . jimmy

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah just look for care sheets on B.smithi and do the same you will be fine!Also these are very slow growers so hope you are patient lol!
Hey your a drum and bass fan I take it?Good to see other junglists keeping spiders ;]

jungalist86

Arachnopeon
Yeah just look for care sheets on B.smithi and do the same you will be fine!Also these are very slow growers so hope you are patient lol!
Hey your a drum and bass fan I take it?Good to see other junglists keeping spiders ;]
cheers peeps thats what i thought ,yeh i am patient lol i had my rosea from sling its now about 5 inches lol and my gbb was a sling to but she grew pretty quick shes bout 3 inches now,yeh i love the drum and bass although havent been raving in a few years since my son was born maybe im getting to old haha

cnapple

Arachnoknight
Hi, I have a 4-4.5" B. auratum. I keep it dry with a water dish. As a sling, just keep a little bit of sub moist and it will be fine. Mine has actually been a pretty quick grower, although I've recently confirmed it is a male. He's gone from ~2.5 to ~ 4.5 in about 4 months. Fun little personality too. He's like a black and red OBT, attacking the water dish & tongs, and is a merciless cricket destroyer. You'll love this species. For my money, it's the most beautiful of the Brachypelma.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Agree with cnapple, gorgeous Brachy! My little female, now 3", has been fairly fast growing (though not that fast, thats crazy!) and is extremely food-aggressive. She'll launch herself across her tank the second a cricket or drop of water touches down, biting anything that might possibly be food. Love 'em!

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
Try punctuation ;)

cheers peeps thats what i thought ,yeh i am patient lol i had my rosea from sling its now about 5 inches lol and my gbb was a sling to but she grew pretty quick shes bout 3 inches now,yeh i love the drum and bass although havent been raving in a few years since my son was born maybe im getting to old haha