My 1st T

Walk Alone

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice! I love when folks aren't afraid to get an avic as their first. Congrats! :D

Ryancw93

Arachnopeon
Nice choice, I chose an A. Versicolor as my first, and a GBB as my second. They both go through nice color changes that are great to watch. If you are looking for another T to get, I would look at one of those.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
Grats! Good choice, they are beautiful Ts. You simply can't go wrong with Avicularias!

cnapple

Arachnoknight
Doesn't look like a metallica to me at all but picture IDing Avics can be like splitting hairs.
Ain't that the truth. My A. metallica had a similar chevron pattern until ~2". But it's hard enough to agree what metallica is let alone what it's supposed to look like as a sling.

Actually, upon further thought, your T looks more like A. urticans to me.

smoothie4l

Arachnopeon
Wow, not a lot of people get avics for their first T, good for you! She/he looks amazing!

VenomousFangs

Arachnopeon
Very nice avic and a sling for your 1st that's the way to go. I might have to get one myself

a3overlord

Arachnopeon
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you got that one on one of his Facebook auctions. Ben posted that he was putting an Avic purpurea up for auction and I commented on it saying it wasn't an Avic purpurea.
I do remember your post and they said the ID was correct, also when I called them, they assured me that it was an Avicularia purpurea, either way I don't really care, she's awesome. I will post more pics as she gets older. BTW, is she to young to sex correctly (I just call her "she" lol)

Last edited:

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks like A. metallica to me too . . Whatever though It's pretty !
If this is your first spider or not, I say there's none better than Avic ! :)

Shaka

Arachnopeon
I have slings of A.purpurea, A.avicularia and A.versicolor, simply awesome species to keep! Congrats and enjoy :)

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
Sorry dude but that is not a purpurea. I'd say it's an Avic avic, which is usually about 1/3 the price of a purpurea, depending on who you get it from. Maybe an A. metallica but I'd say Avic avic.

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
You'll know soon enough. Don't fret. Sexing is still a long ways away for this T by the way.

a3overlord

Arachnopeon
This is a pic of the original FB post. Ben does say it is a A. purp...
IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2851x.jpg

As I said before, I don't really care, she's awesome, and mellow enough my 12 and 9yr old have handled her. But I would like some input from those of you who have had these Ts, and maybe breed him/her a bit down the road. Thanks again for the input!

advan

oOOo
Staff member
That is not Avicularia purpurea. I would guess it's A. avicularia or A. metallica. I don't believe it is A. urticans either because it should have a more purple coloration to it and also the pattern on the abdomen is an orange color not red. See below. What ever it is, it is nice though. I love all Avicularia. :D

Avicularia urticans (This specimen is a little smaller than yours.)

Attachments