Info Needed: Coremiocnemis brachyramosa

babypiggy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm looking for info about Coremiocnemis brachyramosa aka Malaysian Blue Femur.
Specificlly i'm looking for schollar documents.

I've already searched google, google schollar and this forum with not much info.

I mostly only see for sale ads and pictures as a result.

Thanks
:)

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You want to look for this paper:
West & Nunn, 2010 : A taxonomic revision of the tarantula spider genus Coremiocnemis Simon 1892 (Araneae, Theraphosidae), with further notes on the Selenocosmiinae. Zootaxa, n. 2443, p. 1–64

babypiggy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i did come across that article..
but was only able to view page 1-3 and Coremiocnemis brachyramosa is on page 16

:(
You want to look for this paper:
West & Nunn, 2010 : A taxonomic revision of the tarantula spider genus Coremiocnemis Simon 1892 (Araneae, Theraphosidae), with further notes on the Selenocosmiinae. Zootaxa, n. 2443, p. 1–64

Tarac

Arachnolord
I read the article. Now I can distinguish species morphologically, but as for habitat it says "nothing is known about their natural history" or something to that extent. Presumably it is from a humid, hot area. Can you confirm this?

Do you have one? Are they flightly, aggressive, docile? Picky? The female is really nice. I like big black T's though- I know some people find them boring even when they have a pretty blue iridescence. It amazes me how many of these pet trade species we see are barely characterized at all and frequently virtually/literally unknown in the wild. Some never even get a specific epithet, like Pamphobeteus sp. "blue" or "platyomma" or "S. Ecuador" or whatever. Wish it was easier to study these awesome creatures.

I'm covetously looking at them everyday, someone better post quick before the impulse to buy overwhelms my better judgment :)

Comatose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They're fragile in my experience; behavior similar to Chilobrachys ssp...

Tarac

Arachnolord
Thanks Coma, much easier to find info on Chilobrachys (don't have experience with them either... yet).